PDA

View Full Version : North East and Cumbria NADJ Branch - March Meeting

ppentertainments
23-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Getting in early this time. ;)

Our next meeting for the North East and Cumbria branch of the NADJ takes place on Tuesday 8th March 2011 at our usual venue :

QuakerHouse Pub
2-4 Mechanics Yard
Darlington

Starting at 7.00 pm

Agenda is, in no particular order :

OOVJ, Pulse speakers (and a few other things depending on purchases) – Demo by Dave Jackson (DJDJ)

MyDMX Demo (postponed from previous meeting)

Feedback from Wedding DJ Seminar – Not to give away all the secrets, but to hear views of those that attended.

Telephone Call Role Play – Role plays to generate discussions on how we deal with telephone enquiries. We will have some pre-scripted role plays but would invite audience participation to hopefully help us all gain some useful advice. There is no right or wrong answers as we all have different business models but hopefully everyone will benefit.

Bring and buy Table – This looked very healthy at our last meeting. As before if you can inform myself or one of the committee if you intend bring anything for the bring and buy table, simply to ensure we allow the space in the room.

We will also have information about improving communications via facebook, twitter, email and our own website. All work in progress at the moment.

Meetings are open to all to attend. Any further additions I will add to this thread.

Excalibur
03-02-2011, 07:28 PM
For reasons of commerce, I shall now have to attend this meeting. ;) I'd better go off and check out the local customs. ;) :D :D

ppentertainments
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
For reasons of commerce, I shall now have to attend this meeting. ;) I'd better go off and check out the local customs. ;) :D :D
What you buying and off whom ?? :D :D

The main custom is that all visitors normally buy all the local dwellers a pint sized liquid refreshment of their choice :) :p

We are actually hoping to have a few more southerners (well people from Yorkshire) attending this meeting so should be good

Hope we have room :o

Excalibur
03-02-2011, 07:47 PM
What you buying and off whom ?? :D :D
Well it obviously ain't those Class D's I offered you £30 for last week. :p :D :D :D The answer's out there mate, and you're involved in it, although you've been a tad reticent about it. ;) :p :D :D :D :D :D If you ask Andy nicely, perhaps he'll increase the sum of your knowledge. :D

The main custom is that all visitors normally buy all the local dwellers a pint sized liquid refreshment of their choice :) :p
Funny how I guessed that might perhaps be a local custom. :whistle: :D :D :D :D :D

We are actually hoping to have a few more southerners (well people from Yorkshire) attending this meeting so should be good

Well at least it will raise the tone a little. :p :D :D :D :D

deltic
03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
be nice to catch up with you again peter.

Dynamic Entertainment
03-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Ill try to attend and either fetch the missus...or the roadie ;)

STEVE HANLEY
03-02-2011, 11:44 PM
[QUOTE=Excalibur;516297][Well it obviously ain't those Class D's I offered you £30 for last week.]/QUOTE]

OH YES. What :Censored: Class D's would they be then??:Censored: :Censored:

Excalibur
04-02-2011, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=Excalibur;516297][Well it obviously ain't those Class D's I offered you £30 for last week.]/QUOTE]

OH YES. What :Censored: Class D's would they be then??:Censored: :Censored:

I'd guess it might be the ones you bought. ;) :D :D 12SP's? Fine cabs. Big blighters though, but not as humungous as my 15's. :(

ppentertainments
23-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Just another subtle bump. Don't forget to book your time off work, arrange lifts etc.

A LOT of announcements regarding future plans for the branch to be announced this meeting and attendance looking very positive.

axeman
26-02-2011, 04:41 PM
count me in

Excalibur
02-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Blimey, is it March already? :eek: Hibernation sems to have ended a little early this year. :D I'd netter diig out the thermals in anticipation of a trip to the Frozen North.

If anyone roughly in the area of the A1 corridor between Pontefract and Darlington wants a lift, speak now, or you'll miss out.

ppentertainments
02-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Ok boys and girls, less than a week to go.

Can I have an idea of who is coming, for numbers, and don't forget if you want anything on the bring and buy table, please let one of the committee know as space is limited.

Look forward to seeing you :beer1:

supersound
07-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Well i am looking forward to this meeting as they're are lots of Yorkshire people coming up to see us.
I have already had the pleasure of speaking to Peter Excalibur or swordy as I call him and he is not looking forward to me extracting a pound from him for the raffle.
I believe Craig and Kellie are coming too(Dragon Discos)
Should be a great night.

Just had a thought.
If peter is there and so is Mary(s Hanley's) Mrs.then the entertainment is complete.

Peter,Paul & mary

we can sing a song dedicated to Steve.
Puff the magic dragon maybe?

Paul

ppentertainments
07-03-2011, 10:54 PM

You heard the rumours too :confused: :D

supersound
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
wasn't that an album by Fleetwood Mac?

ppentertainments
07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
wasn't that an album by Fleetwood Mac?
Too late to think of a reply :o

Excalibur
08-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Well i am looking forward to this meeting as they're are lots of Yorkshire people coming up to see us.
I have already had the pleasure of speaking to Peter Excalibur or swordy as I call him and he is not looking forward to me extracting a pound from him for the raffle. I believe Craig and Kellie are coming too(Dragon Discos)
Should be a great night.

Just had a thought.
If peter is there and so is Mary(s Hanley's) Mrs.then the entertainment is complete.

Peter,Paul & mary

we can sing a song dedicated to Steve.

Paul

Extorting money with menaces, I believe the phrase is. :( :( A whole pound. That's a weeks wages round here! :eek:

Excalibur
08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, time to get myself made presentable, and go off to meet those lovely folk in the Far North, to do a bit more missionary work, and find out exactly Deltic wants to swap a Bose rig for a six box DIY earthquake rig. :eek: :confused: :confused: :D :D

Apparently there's a raffle, which I've already entered, ( no opt out clause it seems, so I may have to use my pound coin on elastic trick )

I'm looking forward to meeting the ones I haven't met yet, and of course the ones I have. Report will follow as soon as.

Excalibur
09-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Quick review, well Chris was not being economical with the truth when he said the venue was small!!!! Very snug. ;) Excellent to see some familiar faces, and good to meet some new ones. My but there are some characters about. ;) ;)

A very informative evening, enlivened by a discussion on the OOVJ versus standard laptop. ;) :D :D No blood was spilt. :D

A very enjoyable, and rewarding night, but :Censored: long way to drive home. :( :(

Well done Chris and all the lads for the hard work they put in.

supersound
09-03-2011, 09:06 AM
And we even extracted a couple of quid of Peter for the football card.

Excalibur
09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
And we even extracted a couple of quid of Peter for the football card.

Twice, you forgetful person, you!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

In advance I was warned it would be merely one pound, and when I arrive, lo and behold, it has double in price!! :( :( :(

deltic
09-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Twice, you forgetful person, you!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

In advance I was warned it would be merely one pound, and when I arrive, lo and behold, it has double in price!! :( :( :(

you got fed

Excalibur
09-03-2011, 06:49 PM
you got fed

Comestibles were indeed included in that charge, without any shadow of a doubt, and very fine they appeared to be. They were well received.

ppentertainments
09-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Comestibles were indeed included in that charge, without any shadow of a doubt, and very fine they appeared to be. They were well received.
Bring a doggy bag if visiting again :)
Really nice to meet you Peter and hope the journey was worth it :beer1:

Excalibur
09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Bring a doggy bag if visiting again :)
Really nice to meet you Peter and hope the journey was worth it :beer1:

Right, joking apart, it was an excellent night in many respects. Informative, entertaining, and a chance to meet some folk again,some for the first time. A lovely crowd of people, and if it were only a little closer, I'd be a regular visitor.

If you're anywhere near Darlington, go see 'em at the next one.

STEVE HANLEY
09-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Sorry we didn't make it last night folks I've been really under the weather this week, And the pills I'm on are not recommeded for driving.

Hope to see you all at the next one

ppentertainments
09-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Sorry we didn't make it last night folks I've been really under the weather this week, And the pills I'm on are not recommeded for driving.

Hope to see you all at the next one
Thats ok Steve, you weren't missed :p :p :p :p

Get well soon, mate :beer1:

STEVE HANLEY
09-03-2011, 09:16 PM
{Thats ok Steve, you weren't missed ]

Cheers Chris That's cheered me up

supersound
10-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Well I missed you both.
Hope you get yourself sorted soon Steve.

Paul