PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DDJ S1 - SERATO ITCH

yourdj
25-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Only just seen this :)

Not sure how long its been out but it looks good. :)
NICE AND SIMPLE. I did not get the Allen and Heath or Denon one.
It was definitely not at BPM.

I am a big fan of Serato Itch so it has my taste buds going :D
Shame it is not Denon as I prefer them.

http://www.missspentyouth.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DDJ-S1_front_PC.jpg (http://forums.pioneerdj.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8091012904/m/5010047116)

YouTube - Pioneer DDJ-S1 with DVDJ Unique [Winter NAMM 2011] UniqueSquared.com

simonp
25-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Toby - finger on the pulse LOL

Pioneer have brought out 2 models - 1 for itch and one for traktor

Both will be available roundabout early Feb (according to the majority of suppliers)

Both should be upto pioneers usual high standards, they look like solid pieces of kit.

STEVE HANLEY
25-01-2011, 02:58 PM
[Shame it is not Denon as I prefer them]

If money is no object. Then surely Pioneer Knocks Denon into a cocked hat every time??

yourdj
25-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Then surely Pioneer Knocks Denon into a cocked hat every time??

Probably but I have used Denon for a few years and cant fault the kit.
Its always a little over priced IMO.

Is it just two decks? Thats pants if it is.

STEVE HANLEY
25-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Probably but I have used Denon for a few years and cant fault the kit.
Its always a little over priced IMO.

The amount of Jocks who use Denon on here alone is testimony to it being awesome kit. As for Pioneer?? Well I did say if money was no object LOl:D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-01-2011, 09:04 PM
If money is no object. Then surely Pioneer Knocks Denon into a cocked hat every time??

I use both and although Pioneer probably has it slightly on sound quality, both companies produce very good quality gear and aren't miles apart.

djsteve10
26-01-2011, 08:51 AM
This looks like a really great product.

I was looking to buy the new Denon controller but I have seen this and I like the whole idea of the CDJ effect and how it works with Serato.

I am interested to know some prices on this when it comes out.

simonp
26-01-2011, 12:22 PM
T
I am interested to know some prices on this when it comes out.

They've gone up already, and that's before they hit the shelves!!!!!!

When the 1st mutterings and prelim prices came out the T1 (traktor version) was £699 with the S1 (Serato) at £899 - a quick look now puts most retailers taking pre-orders for the T1 at £899 and the S1 version has jumped to £1099 :eek: :eek: :eek:

yourdj
26-01-2011, 01:02 PM
They've gone up already, and that's before they hit the shelves!!!!!!

When the 1st mutterings and prelim prices came out the T1 (traktor version) was £699 with the S1 (Serato) at £899 - a quick look now puts most retailers taking pre-orders for the T1 at £899 and the S1 version has jumped to £1099 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Typical - Pioneer.

I cant see it being worth more than £900 after the gear trendies get bored with it and something new comes out.

I will stick with my vestax. Only the effects, mic channels and extra cue points that interest me.
It's a bit on the large side in comparison too. :(

Dynamic Entertainment
26-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Typical - Pioneer.

I cant see it being worth more than £900 after the gear trendies get bored with it and something new comes out.

I will stick with my vestax. Only the effects, mic channels and extra cue points that interest me.
It's a bit on the large side in comparison too. :(

Not just Pioneer me thinks...look at Seratos SL4...i so want it...but not at £700