PDA

View Full Version : Table Magic

Andy Goodtimes
27-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Just got in off a big corp function, we had a singer, band, vodka fountain, 2 table magicians and I put in a LED floor too, very good night and pretty fast moving and busy.

It was one of the table magicians that got me and my roadie stumped, we watched him very closely when he worked a couple of the tables next to us and no way could we work out how he did it. They were big round tables with 12 folk on each and he approached each table in turn and spent a few minutes doing some tricks and chatting to them. Half way through doing one table he took an ear ring out of his pocket and said to the girl sitting on the far side of the table where he definately didn't go..."is this your ear ring?" She was amazed as she just couldn't understand how he managed to get it when he hadn't even been round her side of the table. Then just as he was going to leave that table he took a credit card out of the pocket of the chap sitting by him and asked the same girl if it was her credit card. Honestly couldn't explain how he had done that and just wondered if anyone knew because its really bugging me.

supersound
27-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Working in pairs.
It might look like they dont come into contact but they will have done without your subconscious knowing.
Its a simple slight of hand and transfer trick.

Andy Goodtimes
27-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I guess it could have been but seriously if that's what they did it was good, the girl definatley wasn't involved as she was one of the staff from the company and anyway he was doing it at all the tables he visited...quite funny really we were having some banter with them and telling him to go for the knickers next...lol.