PDA

View Full Version : Problem with itunes store

Spirits High
08-02-2011, 09:28 AM
The other day I went to get a track form the itunes store, clicked as normal the homepage came up for about 2 seconds then vanished :eek:

Thought it may be my end so tried again later but still the same, re booted....same again

Did a bit of google searching and it seems to be a problem with itunes 9

Here's a link from Apple support forum:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2743590&start=15&tstart=0

Anyone else having same problem?

Nb: Please don't bother to post if it's just derogatory comments on itunes or "I use amazon" etc ;)

Corabar Steve
08-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I never update iTunes until I know the bugs are fixed.

There have always been too many issues when they release a new version for my liking

DJ James Lake
08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
The current version is iTunes 10, not 9 which might be the cause of your problems. I would update

ian8limelight
09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I've been trying to access the I-Tunes store for a couple of months without success.

Jiggles
10-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Make sure you are always up to date. The store changes and will become incompatible with older versions of the software.

Cowlinn
10-02-2011, 01:09 AM
I never update iTunes until I know the bugs are fixed.

There have always been too many issues when they release a new version for my liking

That's not sensible at all. Like Jiggles said you need to keep up to date to ensure all future updates are compatible.

Corabar Steve
10-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Too many times in the past I've updated & then couldn't do something for a few weeks while they were sorting the bugs out. I'll stick to my tactics thanks.

Vectis
10-02-2011, 08:43 AM
That's not sensible at all. Like Jiggles said you need to keep up to date to ensure all future updates are compatible.

Nonsense.

Apple's track record with updates isn't great; when there's a new major release of anything I always monitor forums until the complaints die down before stepping up - and then I'll apply it first to my backup iMac before it goes anywhere near my production machines.

I'm a bit more gung ho with iDevices but these aren't business critical.

CRAZY K
10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Too many times in the past I've updated & then couldn't do something for a few weeks while they were sorting the bugs out. I'll stick to my tactics thanks.

Sounds sensible, I never update mine, never had a problem.

Same with Cortex--you have to ask yourself what exactly you are getting from an update that is of real value before you get sold by the hype.

In a similar vein--although its not an update--its a new version--Windows 7 only has one advantage FOR ME me over XP--you can change the title of a document without having to resave it separately which saves time---a real bonus.
;)

Megamix
10-02-2011, 10:11 AM
I update iTunes every time - of course I keep a backup, never had a problem - I always tend to feel an update is there to improve - most of the time it does - it's a risk worth taking in my eyes.

DeckstarDeluxe
10-02-2011, 12:15 PM
I never had any issues with Itunes until a month or so ago when its become pretty unstable.

Thankfully I'm only on there every monday to download new releases so only need it for a couple of minutes.

Corabar Entertainment
10-02-2011, 12:31 PM
In a similar vein--although its not an update--its a new version--Windows 7 only has one advantage FOR ME me over XP--you can change the title of a document without having to resave it separately which saves time---a real bonus.
;)Hate to tell you this, Alan - but you've always been able to do that.

DeckstarDeluxe
10-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Sorry Alan but windows 7 feature of locking two different windows to either side of the screen is the best thing since sliced bread.

Get an email from a potential client and put that to the left half of the screen and open up a reply to the right and you have that info there the whole time. Such a time saver!

Jonathan Ford
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Just had exactly the same iTunes problem. It's been a bit "clunky" for a couple of months. New version downloading as I type - will report back.

Jonathan Ford
10-02-2011, 01:52 PM
New version (10.something) is working fine...so far!

Marc J
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Sorry Alan but windows 7 feature of locking two different windows to either side of the screen is the best thing since sliced bread.

Which they still can't fix for multiple monitors! Soooooo annoying!