PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought the Pioneer CDJ2000?

frankla
19-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Thinking of getting a pair of these turntables and trying to justify the price. Is anyone using these turntables? Are they worth the price tag? Looking around the web sites they seem to be holding their value. Will be using them for work at least twice a week.

mattydinx
20-02-2011, 12:11 PM
You have to consider whether an extra £800 (for a pair) over the CDJ900's is worth it for the additional features.

However, I've seen on a few forums people who opted for the 900's, and then switched to the 2000's commenting that the latter is a far superior product, and well worth the investment.

As you say, they hold their value well and If you've got the cash available - go for it!...you only live once :p

Supreme Soundz
27-02-2011, 08:32 AM
ive played with them pretty hot as u can link them with a lan cable an plug a hdd in to one and acess all your tunes, but the screens are definatley more tricky than say serato, and its harder to trace songs very quickly, im sticking with my 1000's and serato

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-02-2011, 11:07 AM
ive played with them pretty hot as u can link them with a lan cable an plug a hdd in to one and acess all your tunes, but the screens are definatley more tricky than say serato, and its harder to trace songs very quickly, im sticking with my 1000's and serato

Please don't use text talk on the forum. Thanks.

Rory C
16-03-2011, 02:41 PM
We first bought the CDJ 1000's, then added the CDJ 2000's to our inventory, along with the DJM 600 & DJM 800 mixers. All our DJ's rate these very highly (although some request Allen & Heath Xone mixers instead which I think is mainly personal preference).

One of our guys uses his own CDJ 900's and although there is the feature of Quick Return scratch and a Slip mode that enables him to perform tricks and return to their original flow in an uninterrupted fashion - he still prefers the CDJ 2000's as they have the Hot Cues which he finds he uses more often.

What you are paying for with Pioneer is essentially the Scratch Plateau/Jog Wheel technology which is in my oppinion the best money can buy.

Either model is well worth the money in my oppinion! :)

RJCC Events (http://www.rjccevents.com)
Portable Nightclubs, Event Production, Lighting & Sound Hire, Marquees, Catering & Generators (http://www.portablenightclubs.co.uk)

Takeiteasy
28-03-2011, 02:30 PM
We brought two units to add to our hire stock but to be fair there isn't a great demand for them yet......

We did upgrade a chap from a set of 1000mk3 to the 2000's hoping he would like them and hire them rather than the 1000's BUT if you using WAV files on CD the CDJ 2000 takes around 7sec to load it and unload it.

This didn't go down to well with him lol - MP3's seem to be fine thou.

Adam_F
29-03-2011, 02:19 PM
We brought two units to add to our hire stock but to be fair there isn't a great demand for them yet......

We did upgrade a chap from a set of 1000mk3 to the 2000's hoping he would like them and hire them rather than the 1000's BUT if you using WAV files on CD the CDJ 2000 takes around 7sec to load it and unload it.

This didn't go down to well with him lol - MP3's seem to be fine thou.

If he'd of had an SD card in them, it'd have saved the wave form, ready for the next time. To be honest though, it's a bit of a waste if your going to be using CDJ 2000s just for CDs LoL

Takeiteasy
02-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Very true :)

These really come into there own when you start using the DJM900 with it...... blows my mine watching some of the DJ's online - very smart indeed but prob is going to be the best hire item we have brought.