View Full Version : Quality marketing using humour

yourdj
25-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Thought the first bit of this video was quite amusing. :p

Not bad showreel too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBajHgFwdV4&feature=player_embedded#at=150

leelive
25-02-2011, 07:26 AM
I do like that set-up [8secs - 26secs]. Very funny.

Not sure he has a selling pointing by making it known that he discuss the First Dance requirements when he gets to the event! I need to know at least 2 weeks before in case I need to buy the CD. (Not all artistes are available for wav download on the night)

Lee

discomobiledj
25-02-2011, 07:32 AM
I thought it looked very homemade, like you'd see on one of the "Windows 7 was my idea" adverts.

funkymook
25-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Didn't like some parts of it...

The negative marketing at the beginning, there's no need to mention any other DJ if you are confident in what you do - and to be honest most people haven't seen a DJ like that at a wedding!

SatNav - if you're going to mention that then I'd also show the route being worked out on a good old fashioned map as well - belt and braces!

The discussion with the bride on arrival - she really wants to have to do that on her wedding day! (and I think the one part that might actually put people off). Would be far better to have said something like 'as we have already discussed all the arrangements with you and the venue beforehand we know exactly where we need to go on arrival and what we need to do for the rest of the day and evening - leaving you free to enjoy your big day'

Apart from that it's OK.

DJ Frankie
25-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Guys seriously its a bit tongue in cheek, do you really think he is discussing the B&G first dance, it was just a set up for the video.

And with regards to the Sat Nav comment really?????? :wub:

Im sorry for sounding so negative but Its great to see a marketing video have a bit of humour in it, at the end of the day not all B&G are prudes you know. :beer1:

DB Entertainments
25-02-2011, 09:18 AM
cool video - i must only be seeing 30 seconds of it tough as I cant see anything about the things you guys are talking about?

discomobiledj
25-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm thinking the same thing.

Are we actually seeing the same video?

funkymook
25-02-2011, 09:45 AM
cool video - i must only be seeing 30 seconds of it tough as I cant see anything about the things you guys are talking about?

I'm thinking the same thing.

Are we actually seeing the same video?

It starts quite late in from the link - you have to stop it and 'rewind' it to see the beginning.

yourdj
25-02-2011, 09:46 AM
I think its great. It would be really funny to stage a whole wedding like that Peter Kay style. Agree about the video but I was really on about the first bit.

whoever put the hangy down stuff for first dance is a proper plonka :D

axeman
25-02-2011, 09:52 AM
when i set it away to play it started about 2 mins into the video, i had to drag the curser back to the start.

diydisco
28-02-2011, 07:16 AM
yeah its a cheeky video, i quite liked it, in regards to the bride picking her song on the day, well i think that was a bit of artistic licence

CRAZY K
28-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Thought the first bit of this video was quite amusing. :p

Not bad showreel too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBajHgFwdV4&feature=player_embedded#at=150

Well, it was going well until the arrival at the event--the discuss "things" with Bride and Groom--:eek:

Im sure most of us have had some kind of discussion in advance over timings, music playlists, first dance etc so no "on the spot" meeting is necessary--its all been agreed well in advance and everyone knows whats going to happen other than the predictable delay at the start.

Although I dont use all these there were some notable missing must haves from the video which I see elsewhere--

MEETING PRIOR TO WEDDING
PLAYLIST
PLI AND PAT
FIRST DANCE /LAST DANCE
PA FOR SPEECHES

In my experience all people I have encountered who use upmarket venues, Marquees and generally have exclusive/expensive Weddings are VERY ORGANISED and demanding--if not control freaks at times--so frankly I dont see the connection between the market being aimed at and the offering from the provider.

The vid clips are just standard--nothing exciting or different.

Now if you look at Darrens Website that in my opinion is how to approach the market this guy is supposedly aiming at.;)

Nice one Darren--only noticed it when I rang you the other day;)