PDA

View Full Version : What do you think??

dj andy allwood
26-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi just wondering what you think of this cd player in this link?

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR176175

sorry dont know how to put pics on lol :embarasse

thanks for your help!

would you buy this over the numark versions?

mg ents
26-08-2006, 07:03 PM
have a look at the cd mix 1 by numark...we got one and its great for disco...

abyssdjhire
26-08-2006, 08:31 PM
crap. if you want an all in one unit, buy the cdmix 2. can get you a price if you want

symo
26-08-2006, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't. Buy the CDMIX2 instead it is built a lot better than the Gemini.

A1DL
26-08-2006, 09:37 PM
The Numark CDMIX2 is, I suppose, OK as a back up unit in case of all else failing, but it is not a serious CD player to use as your main sound source.

And, yes, I agree, avoid Gemini, unless you're a bedroom DJ doing the smallest of house parties

Try to pick up a Denon if you can. Will last for years and hold its value.

abyssdjhire
27-08-2006, 03:03 AM
The Numark CDMIX2 is, I suppose, OK as a back up unit in case of all else failing, but it is not a serious CD player to use as your main sound source.

And, yes, I agree, avoid Gemini, unless you're a bedroom DJ doing the smallest of house parties

all depends what the guy is doing... but even most bedroom dj's avoid gemini! for 90% of the mobile disco world, the cdmix2 is ideally featured, ideally compact, and sometimes it seems that the most important part - ideally priced.

does everything that most people will ever need and then a bit more.

Have a disco
27-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Gemini the lets copy Denon crew with out instant punch music start absolutely rubbsih design all in 1 unit, just dont rate there stuff Im afraid may do a beginner but even the I would not recommend there stuff strictly bedroom DJ gear

dj andy allwood
27-08-2006, 05:49 PM
thumbs up from everyone then lol :teeth:

thanks for the advice :)

Corabar Steve
27-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Bunch of snobs!

dj andy allwood
28-08-2006, 07:55 AM
just had a look at the cdmix 3 nice machine eh? plays cd's and mp3 cd's thats got to be a good thing eh?

http://www.djkit.co.uk/acatalog/Numark_CD_Mix_3_.html

with case its only £430 not bad eh??? :)

Corabar Steve
28-08-2006, 09:38 AM
The thing I don't get about these "all in ones" is the mixer. You wouldn't want such a basic one if you were using separates, so why put up with it just besause it's an all in one unit?

dj_ags
28-08-2006, 09:43 AM
I think separates are better anyway. I have a Numark CD Mix 2 in my bedroom and use it as a back-up mixer for the disco. As reliable as it is, it did brake down a few weeks ago and had to take it in for repair. This meant that we were left without a back-up mixer for one night only and thank god the other one didn't develop a fault!

This point that i am trying to make here is that with separates you can easily replace the broken part by swapping the mixer, cd display or cd decks in a matter of minutes. However, with all-in-ones, you have to take in the whole unit, which can be very annoying as in the case above :mad:

But for the money though, the CD Mix 2 & 3 are an ideal unit to have.. if you don't develop a fault. If i was to choose between the CD Mix 2 & 3 (as these have anti-shock, whereas the CD Mix 1 hasn't,) i would probably pay that little bit extra and go for the CD Mix 3, as this has some added functions, like MP3 :)

dj andy allwood
28-08-2006, 10:07 AM
well if money was no problem then i would have to choose this beauty

http://www.djkit.co.uk/acatalog/cd_technics.html

i dont know anyone who can fault technics

ian8limelight
28-08-2006, 11:18 AM

Agreed, that or a Pioneer. I appreciate that everyone's budget doesn't always stretch to these but it's worth saving the pennies for.

Have a disco
28-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I think it comes down to reliability hence I will stick with denon or technics maybe at a push numark or american pro dj gear

I want something with DVD ability next so the new denon dvd player in production is on my list yes its a double system

BeerFunk
28-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Denon > Numark > > > > Gemini

:)

dj andy allwood
29-08-2006, 07:23 AM
I think it comes down to reliability hence I will stick with denon or technics maybe at a push numark or american pro dj gear

I want something with DVD ability next so the new denon dvd player in production is on my list yes its a double system

this looks nice

http://www.djkit.co.uk/acatalog/Numark_DVD01.html

:teeth:

the top one that is!!!

symo
29-08-2006, 06:21 PM
well if money was no problem then i would have to choose this beauty

http://www.djkit.co.uk/acatalog/cd_technics.html

i dont know anyone who can fault technics

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

For that sort of money a CDJ800 is a better value more reliable machine. In addition you could save a bit more and go for the CDJ1000. Not the technics. The 1210 is a classic but pioneer have demolished them on CD players.

Have a disco
29-08-2006, 06:37 PM
very nice will view them at plasa but still awaiting denon version to one below for space reasons etc etc

A1DL
29-08-2006, 07:29 PM
For top end CD Players it's got to be Denon or Pioneer, unfortunately for Technics, whatever they do will only really be seen as jumping on the bandwagon, in the same way as Vestax was seen to be jumping on the Technics bandwagon when they bought out the PDXs