PDA

View Full Version : KAM LED Par Bar MKIII

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 08:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OxjY4cakKsE

Anyone use one of these and what's your opinion of it , could it be used on it's own for smaller shows or would it become boring after an hour or two , is there anything on the market that's similar but better ?

Spirits High
01-03-2011, 08:38 AM
There is a lot of discussion about this and similar / better products on hear.....can you guess what the next two words are?

"Search facility" :p ;) :D

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes but it's this item I'm interested in ordering and my questions are specific.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Yes but it's this item I'm interested in ordering and my questions are specific.

Well, not really....

is there anything on the market that's similar but better ?

Using the search will help you answer that question! :D

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 09:33 AM
This is frustrating I asked a question about KAM Par bar MKIII not MKII or MKI
I can find no reference to it in any other posts threads.
Read my post again ( Anyone use one of these ? ) IE I really want the question answered by someone that's actually got one.

Reasoning is if they have the MKIII they will know if it's better than previous models and in their opinion whether now they've got it they wish they had gone for something else or not.

I knew that there were some threads of similar items which I read a week or two ago but from what I remembered it didn't give me what I needed to know, I didn't really want to add them either.

Seems these days you have to be a mind reader and try guess peoples reactions to your posts before posting :mad:

Now does anyone have the MKIII ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Read my post again ( Anyone use one of these ? ) IE I really want the question answered by someone that's actually got one.

Reasoning is if they have the MKIII they will know if it's better than previous models and in their opinion whether now they've got it they wish they had gone for something else or not.

I knew that there were some threads of similar items which I read a week or two ago but from what I remembered it didn't give me what I needed to know, I didn't really want to add them either.

Seems these days you have to be a mind reader and try guess peoples reactions to your posts before posting :mad:

Now hang on Paul. No need for any of this.

You asked if there were any similar products out there and yes, you could use the search facility for that. There have been a lot of discussion about these type of products recently which is why the search was suggested and you didn't post that you'd already looked at other threads and couldn't find what you were looking for.

I suggest you chill out a bit.

dmckaraoke
01-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Yes i have got 4 of the MkII's and have had MkI's so any questions that you ask on the product i will help to answer..

Shaun
01-03-2011, 11:13 AM
is there anything on the market that's similar but better ?

The KAM Powerbar is similar. I think the main difference is the brightness (the powerbar is reportedly brighter), the powerbar also uses seven 3w LED's per can, where the parbar has more led's, but aren't as bright.

Spirits High
01-03-2011, 11:45 AM
The KAM Powerbar is similar. I think the main difference is the brightness (the powerbar is reportedly brighter), the powerbar also uses seven 3w LED's per can, where the parbar has more led's, but aren't as bright.

Powerbar for me!!

Pretty sure I posted a while ago (last year) but here's a quick vid I made for it ;)

Click to play

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/polobloke/th_KAMpowerbar.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/polobloke/?action=view&current=KAMpowerbar.mp4)

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Yes i have got 4 of the MkII's and have had MkI's so any questions that you ask on the product i will help to answer..

Thanks do you know if the MKIII is any better or has any more features or is just a way of relaunching a product ?

Also thanks for your reply Shaun because I think I'd be looking for something that has good sequencing rather than just brightness of lights , so the Par bar fits the bill :)

Shaun
01-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Also thanks for your reply Shaun because I think I'd be looking for something that has good sequencing rather than just brightness of lights , so the Par bar fits the bill :)

The powerbar and parbar are both made by KAM, so I'd guess that the actual control and functionality of both will be identical. That's just a guess though. I took delivery of a powerbar yesterday, I've not had a chance to have a play with it yet.

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 05:02 PM
OK to let you know I've ordered the KAM Par Bar MKIII

I wanted something to use occasionally for a quick set up when I'm on my own.
Got it from here http://www.rsdmusic.com/products.asp?prodid=1916&catid=57&mcatid=8

A really good price if you register with them, will let you know what I think of it when I get chance to use it.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
I hope the LEDS last longer than mine in my Mk1 par bar!!!!
theres more not lit than lit on mine now...
im NOT impressed by kam and would never ever recommend them

cheers
Ps KAM werent interested !!!!
They grudgingly sent me a few loose Leds out big deal!

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 05:34 PM

cheers

Now you tell me LOL :)

Oh well although I ordered it on line the shop is only just down the road from me, not too far to take it back, maybe you got a Friday afternoon one.

TONYTIGER
01-03-2011, 05:55 PM

cheers

Very wise words Dave,more Far East Junk :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Martin have a manufacturing plant in China.

It seems that most lighting is made in China. Is it all junk then?

TONYTIGER
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Martin have a manufacturing plant in China.

It seems that most lighting is made in China. Is it all junk then?

No,but in Martins case it is controlled by them and they have dealer support throughout the world,just try and get some of this stuff repaired as Dave said.
They just do not care when it goes wrong.

Excalibur
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
. I took delivery of a powerbar yesterday, I've not had a chance to have a play with it yet.
I hope then that we shall soon read of your initial reaction to, and first thoughts on it. ;)

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Very wise words Dave,more Far East Junk :(

That maybe but I think but I think there isn't much left that's not manufactured there now.

TONYTIGER
01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
That maybe but I think but I think there isn't much left that's not manufactured there now.

Not quite true,It has always been known that the best lighting is made in Italy
but there again this is pro end lighting which mobiles do not tend to use.

Few companies that do not manufacture in China, Clay Paky,Robe,Futurelight,
High End ,Barco to name just a few.

Sapphire Disco
01-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Not quite true,It has always been known that the best lighting is made in Italy
but there again this is pro end lighting which mobiles do not tend to use.

Few companies that do not manufacture in China, Clay Paky,Robe,Futurelight,
High End ,Barco to name just a few.

Not disputing that, although there are many companies that you think their goods are manufactured in Europe and they are not, there are some companies I know ( not disco equipment ) that get their components made in China assemble them here and put made in England on them.

Anyway that's drifting off a bit I will let you know what I think of the item in question when I can I think it will fit the bill of what I'm looking for a small quick set up and hopefully last more than a year :)