PDA

View Full Version : Valid PAT, PLI & PRODUB

Gareth
04-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Hiya,

How do you know when someone displays the images on their website that it is genuine and not just a copy and paste with a link?

Cheers
Gareth

axeman
04-03-2011, 01:46 PM
mine has my name or disco (business) names on them.

Cowlinn
04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
mine has my name or disco (business) names on them.

Surely it's easy to photoshop business names in?

Vectis
04-03-2011, 03:22 PM
ProDub has an online verification facility.

Insurers and brokers have no issues validating PLI with a quick phone call. Company name and Policy number -> Yay or Nay. No DPA concerns.

PAT is another kettle of fish because every man and his dog can produce them.... there's no central register or standard format.

Gareth
04-03-2011, 03:40 PM
ProDub has an online verification facility.

Insurers and brokers have no issues validating PLI with a quick phone call. Company name and Policy number -> Yay or Nay. No DPA concerns.

PAT is another kettle of fish because every man and his dog can produce them.... there's no central register or standard format.

Sorry for the confusion - I meant validating a MDD PLI, PAT or Produb verfication check image?

Corabar Entertainment
04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Well, they should be click-through links to the validation. Just like most things though, thieves, cheats and low-lifes steal the images and play dress-up!

If anyone spots someone using the logos and they aren't click through links to their listing on the directory, please report them to us!

:thanks:

Booche
04-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Once the company have sent there documents etc to MDD they will have the following images on there MDD profile(see below) and also if you click on the image on that companys website it will take you to the MDD page which says that the company has provided the documents etc.

EDIT: Again Angela beat me to it and explained it alot better lol

Gareth
04-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Lol cheers!

Vectis
04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
If anyone spots someone using the logos and they aren't click through links to their listing on the directory, please report them to us!

Change the images from time to time... or stick a year number on there with a new design annually. Soon flushes quite a few out... ;) A bit like colour coded tax discs :cool:

Booche
04-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Change the images from time to time... or stick a year number on there with a new design annually. Soon flushes quite a few out... ;) A bit like colour coded tax discs :cool:

I like that idea and think it will work (apart from the link back feature will need adapting)

Now were have i seen the different style and color idea before :whistle: :p :whistle: