PDA

View Full Version : LEDJ Omni TRI-9

NKR
05-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Well finally picked 4 of these up yesterday.

Fist impressions are they are not the prettiest unit, but boy are they bright.

For some strange reason they do come with a Gel filter holder, which is odd and also the barn doors. Both removable band interchangeable in an easy fashion.

The barn doors are easy enought to attach (although quite large and clumsy to transport by the looks) and adjustable in that you can use the wider doors on either the sides or top and bottom. Gives you a degree of focus, although the light will probably only have a 25degree beam width anyway.

They seem easy to control and I will whizz them through light jockey some time this weekend to see how easy the colour mixing is.

The first impression is my god they are very bright and produce nice true colours. They are a very good unit if you want plenty of coloured light over non degrading distances, they had a good 15m on them and still decent colour on the shed at the end of the garden. Also decent strobes as the strobe function is excellent and some nice coloured strobe effects.

So I will give you an update when used in anger, but so far they are £159 a unit plus VAT well spent.

I will let you know how a get on with them when used in anger.