PDA

View Full Version : [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0.3 released

Mark Wild
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
All the info you need in the following VDJ thread :)

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/144259/General_Discussion/_NEW__VirtualDJ_7_0_3_released.html?page=1

Quote from Denon forums with regards to MC6000 users -

'Specifically for MC6000 users it addresses an incompatibility with the Denon 48Khz Asio drivers that made it difficult to get an optimum latency setting.

I have tested this fix and it now works well, meaning you can set lower latencies more accurately and there are no more issues with clicking and static some users reported.'

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Meh, downloaded it yesterday...old news. :sj:

Mark Wild
10-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Meh, downloaded it yesterday...old news. :sj:

Did it sort your latency issue out?

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Did it sort your latency issue out?

Dunno yet - I haven't had chance to set the MC6000 up with it yet.

Mark Wild
10-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Dunno yet - I haven't had chance to set the MC6000 up with it yet.

I think this update might be the solution you were after, I was having problems with popping & crackling at lower latencies, until I read a post on VDJ stating to use the miracle 357ms setting, that cleared all my problems up. I'm hoping now that this update will let me take it down a notch or 3 :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
I think this update might be the solution you were after, I was having problems with popping & crackling at lower latencies, until I read a post on VDJ stating to use the miracle 357ms setting, that cleared all my problems up. I'm hoping now that this update will let me take it down a notch or 3 :)

I had it on 1ms in the office and it was fine, then when I took it out last Friday, it played all the tunes really slowly, so I put it back to auto.

I'm thinking now that maybe the HD2500 is just easier to make loops on? Perhaps the buttons are more accurate, or maybe I'm not! :o

Mark Wild
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I had it on 1ms in the office and it was fine, then when I took it out last Friday, it played all the tunes really slowly, so I put it back to auto.

I'm thinking now that maybe the HD2500 is just easier to make loops on? Perhaps the buttons are more accurate, or maybe I'm not! :o

Your latency should be set via your denon asio driver, you know that right? VDJ settings should always remain on 'Auto' (every time you change it VDJ needs to be restarted) Your loops and cues should be bang on mate. 100 % accurate.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Your latency should be set via your denon asio driver, you know that right? VDJ settings should always remain on 'Auto' (every time you change it VDJ needs to be restarted) Your loops and cues should be bang on mate. 100 % accurate.

No, I didn't know that! :o :o :o :o :o :o :muppet:

I read for ages about this and didn't get an answer - no wonder it wasn't working properly!

Right, where am I looking please Mr Wild?

TBH this is something I've never touched before!

Mark Wild
10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
No, I didn't know that! :o :o :o :o :o :o :muppet:

I read for ages about this and didn't get an answer - no wonder it wasn't working properly!

Right, where am I looking please Mr Wild?

TBH this is something I've never touched before!

Give me a buzz tomorrow when you've got 5 mins ;)

Excalibur
10-03-2011, 09:02 PM

Five minutes is no good mate. ;) No good at all. :D :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-03-2011, 09:08 PM

I've found it now - just had a quick Google. Will ring if I need assistance. Cheers Marky. :beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Might be giving you a bell Mark..

Switched on last night after doing the update and nothing would play. It seems as if the Denon drivers have disappeared. All the functions worked except for play. I tried changing the soundcard settings, but when I clicked the Asio settings, nothing happened.

In the end, I had to go into advanced settings and I managed to sort it from there, but not with the Asio drivers - luckily I only had a quiz night, so it wasn't overly important to get the sound exactly right.

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Another strange thing happened on Friday night. I started to get pops and crackles. I haven't changed anything on the laptop. It has been running fine for the last few months and suddenly this!

I tried changing the latency, but it didn't seem to do anything.

In the end I used a work-a-round by using advanced sound config which got rid of the noises, so it definitely something to do with the Asio driver.

Any suggestions?

DeckstarDeluxe
26-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Not had an pops and crackles but noticed last night how bassy the sound was.

Another issue I'm having also is gain controls. For example I use the upfaders and some tracks come in far too loud. I took auto gain off because of a similar issue before anyone else having this?

SC Events
26-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Don't know whether it will help, but Virtual DJ version 7.0.4 has been released. I downloaded it about 3 weeks ago, but forgot to mention it on here, sorry!

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Don't know whether it will help, but Virtual DJ version 7.0.4 has been released. I downloaded it about 3 weeks ago, but forgot to mention it on here, sorry!

Already using it...

I'm just testing here and it's perfectly fine today.

Very very strange.

Spirits High
26-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Another strange thing happened on Friday night. I started to get pops and crackles. I haven't changed anything on the laptop. It has been running fine for the last few months and suddenly this!

I tried changing the latency, but it didn't seem to do anything.

In the end I used a work-a-round by using advanced sound config which got rid of the noises, so it definitely something to do with the Asio driver.

Any suggestions?

I had the pops & crackles and set the ASIO driver to Marks magic 357, seems to have sorted it out.

Not had an pops and crackles but noticed last night how bassy the sound was.

Another issue I'm having also is gain controls. For example I use the upfaders and some tracks come in far too loud. I took auto gain off because of a similar issue before anyone else having this?

Yep! Some tracks really come in with a boom so having to keep a close eye on it. At least the problem with the EQ maxing itself out and distorting the tunes looks like it's gone.

Used it 3 times now and all in all pretty pleased with it. Got a Prom on tuesday night so it will get a good test there.

Booche
26-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Got a Prom on tuesday night so it will get a good test there.

Oh yes it will indeed :D :p