PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Cracling Speakers

Cameron
30-08-2006, 07:20 AM
i have a laptop hp pavilion zv6000, and i got 1 gutiar amp and 2 H|||H electronic speakers.
firstly it worked great then i noticed the battery was running low on my laptop so plugd it in to the mains, then i got this strange cracling noise through the H||H speakers t thuught it was because the laptop was on top of the amp which was on top of the speakers,
but no,
some people told my to get a pre-amp but still nothing then i notices that my souund card was rubish so got external one but still nothing

PLEASE HELP ME

ps i need this fixed for december in order to do my brothers b-day party

Cameron

Paul James Promotions
30-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi,

Firstly, welcome to the forum :)

In response to your question, using a D.I. box (such as http://www.behringer.com/DI100/index.cfm?lang=ENG) in line between your laptop and mixer should solve the problem for you.

Regards,

Jamie

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Or cheaper and just as effective is using ground loop isolators.

leighinstoke
30-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Maplin do them for about 20 quid each - I use a pair of them - work just fine.

leigh.....

lightspeed
31-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Maplin do them for about 20 quid each - I use a pair of them - work just fine.

leigh.....

Yep I have them too. Work a treat :D

- Chris

spin mobile disco
01-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Had this problem myself it was caused by the power inverter in the laptop being placed to close to souncard (on a macbook pro) found that a ground loop isolater from halfords (phono type connections) workd a treat, its also a lot cheaper than some of the others on the market. But failing that try adding an external soundcard or a pcmcia soundcard on as they should not exibit the same problem.