PDA

View Full Version : [SOLD]Boogie Wagon

Andy Goodtimes
16-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I have ordered a new car which I should take delivery of early next week and a trailer that I have to collect from the manufacturer in Cambridgeshire on 30 March so the smaller of my 2 vans is up for sale and available on or after 31 march, the details are as follows, I’ve not advertised it anywhere else yet except for the dealer where I ordered the new car has made an offer which is too low…

Maxus SWB standard roof, 2.8 carry capacity and a 2.5 120PS engine. Unlike a Transit the space between the arches will take a 4x8 sheet of wood lying flat and the side door will take a full sized pallet.

The reg is AE55NDJ and the mileage is 40k genuine.

Tax and Test till Nov 2011. I have owned the van for 5 years and it was a demo direct from the factory in Birmingham when I bought it. It was white but I had it professionally sprayed in a lovely metallic blue called Ford Hawaiian blue just over a year ago and I also fitted Team Dynamic rim Fire alloy wheels and new tyres, 4 locater lights on the roof, roof spoiler and leather bonnet cover at the same time. It looks very smart without being cheap and nasty.

The stereo sounds really good and it has a few extras as it was a demo, they include electric windows, full steel bulkhead, full ply lining, fog lights front and back and high security door bolts. Its remote central locking with 3 keys and fobs and it has a factory immobiliser fitted.

The 4 alloys fitted all have excellent tyres that have done just 5k miles, there is also a brand new alloy still in the box but no tyre for it. It also has the full set of original 5 steel wheels with excellent tyres fitted and 4 plastic wheel covers.

The whole van is very smart and doesn’t need any work or tidying; the paintwork is fabulous and polishes up well. The cab is excellent as it has a made to measure carpet on top of the original and it also has seat covers fitted so the seats and carpet under should be as new.

This van is nothing at all like the older LDV Pilot and Convoy, it is a completely different beast altogether, the build quality is higher and the engine is much more refined, it is also much more comfortable for long distances. Unfortunately it was a bit late in coming to save LDV. Although these vans aren’t made any more there are no issues for getting spares and they are cheap enough too. I have had regular servicing and a battery and that’s about it. The pressure reading for the common rail is smack bang in the middle of the tolerances.

My last van was a 53 Transit 100PS TDCI and this one is faster, smoother and uses less fuel, everyone that drives it says how nice it is to drive.

This van only gets used for discos and nothing else hence the low miles. Sometimes its left standing from a Sunday till a Friday and it always starts straight away and the brakes don’t stick.

I want £3,000. I won’t take less as I have been offered £2,900 by a dealer who will prob sell it on for lots more.

Dunno if the picture will post ok but if not I’ll have to get the lad to do it tomorrow as computers aren’t really my thing…I just use them for work. Anyone want to chat or have more pictures emailed to them please call me on either 01782638033 or 07909773323, its in Stoek if anyone wants to have a closer look or drive it.

http://i28.tinypic.com/10zzqdy.jpg

Andy Goodtimes
17-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Just to bump it up and say I also have plenty of spare paint to go with the van just in case it gets scratched or stone chipped.

NXDisco
17-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Can you get pics of the interior and rear? I'm interested.

Andy Goodtimes
18-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Will do, might not be able to have it completely empty but it will be empty enough to give you an idea...I will try before but it might not be till Sunday. I am actually on a 2 week training course this week and next week.

Andy Goodtimes
18-03-2011, 10:20 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/30lm795.jpg
Here's the rear

http://i53.tinypic.com/oh61yr.jpg
and here's inside, sorry I can't take a picture of it empty

Andy Goodtimes
22-03-2011, 03:55 AM
I am dropping the price to £2,900 as I made a mistake about the road tax, it is actually taxed till the end of July not November. I can only think that I must have confused it with the car tax.

The milage is now over 41,000, put just under 400 miles on it last night, only just got home from a corp job in Essex.

Viper; if you are still interested I travel to Wizz Beach on 30 March to collect my new trailer so maybe we could do some kind of deal then...something like travel down with an extra driver in the van and car and then we will have the car to go back home in.

Jason
22-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Andy, after our chat last year, I would have brought this off you! I paid £3K for a nackered Vivaro, same age (which went on to cost about another £1K before I sold it)

Well worth the £££ for the condition, mileage and use.

Andy Goodtimes
22-03-2011, 06:30 PM
There's a place near me called stoke van sales that are always selling Vivros for £2k upwards, trouble is they all look nice but have silly miles.

Jason
22-03-2011, 06:58 PM
For my sins, I got another just before Christmas. The old one (same age as your Van) I brought for £3K with 80K miles, 2 injectors failed and were fixed, then the other 2 failed causing top-end bearings to go.

I sold as "non-runner", and got the newer one at Christmas. Steering pump went a few weeks ago.. a common problem apparently..

If I knew you were replacing yours, I would have bit your hand off! lol

Andy Goodtimes
23-03-2011, 10:08 AM
TBH I don't know much about them but have heard the steering pumps are a bit suspect and also the 6 speed boxes, having said that I know folk that are pleased with them, I'm told they're like cars to drive.

I have been thinking about this for ages but only recently decided for sure. Problem is that since my Wife had back surgery things went wrong for her and she hardly drives at all now, I bought her a new Jazz I-Shift in October and its done 265 miles so I am now buying a larger car that is easier for her to get in and out of and will tow too. For the amount of miles it doesn't really justify the 2 vehicles but I am having to keep the extended Luton with the lift as the big PA systems, floors, sets and staging would need a massive trailer and something like a Range Rover to tow it.

Andy Goodtimes
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Its now been sold on EBay for £3,600 so I'm pleased and it went to a local chap and he's happy too.

djtrev
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Well considering you wanted £3000 for it originally I think you are well pleased and considering you dropped it to £2900 on here it would seem that someone on here might have missed a bargain.
Good days work Andy.