PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen for Virtual DJ

welby
24-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

is anyone running Virtual DJ on a touchscreen?

If so can you please make any recommendations as to what screen type is best and at what size screen you use?

Many thanks,

Mark

DJ Jules
24-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm trying to work out what the major benefits would be of using Virtual DJ on a touchscreen? I wouldn't consider any of the default skins chunky enough to be usable on a touchscreen?

Julian

nisfo
24-03-2011, 07:40 PM
I have a piece of kit made by Siemens with 15 inch screen, worked great and was extremely responsive......until I got a "disk read error". Once I get it sorted , I'm going to install VDJ. Possibly using the Old Skool skin. If not, I'll make do with the Touchsync skin ;)

Booche
24-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I would love a touch screen but that would mean a extra power cable and a extra cable going to the laptop etc lol

Unless i can adapt it to fit on the hdc1000 :sofa: lol

yourdj
24-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I am ultimately looking at a glass screen thing for serato so people can see it the other side.

let me know when its available :D I have been waiting two years.

Booche
24-03-2011, 10:38 PM
I am ultimately looking at a glass screen thing for serato so people can see it the other side.

let me know when its available :D I have been waiting two years.

Mirror :sofa: lol

DJ James Lake
25-03-2011, 12:46 AM
There is a touch screen skin especially for VDJ Pro registered users

DJ Jules
25-03-2011, 09:55 AM

I'll have to check that out... shame I sold my projector, I could have tried that glass panel/touch screen idea :D It'd give them something to stare through at kids parties ;)

Julian

welby
25-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Yes I spotted that - touchscreen would make life easier for me.

I still can't get used to navigating with the Denon MC6000 and the laptop, as I still use the mouse instead of the navigation buttons on the denon. lol

DJ James Lake
25-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Yes I spotted that - touchscreen would make life easier for me.

I still can't get used to navigating with the Denon MC6000 and the laptop, as I still use the mouse instead of the navigation buttons on the denon. lol

I had the same feeling on the the DNHC4500 couldnt stand the thing and got rid of it. Do it all on a Pioneer DJM2000 now

gaza
25-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi all,

is anyone running Virtual DJ on a touchscreen?

If so can you please make any recommendations as to what screen type is best and at what size screen you use?

Many thanks,

Mark

Can't touch this.:D