PDA

View Full Version : Babies at weddings

yourdj
26-03-2011, 12:05 AM
I see so many adults fiddling and farting around which their kids all day and evening when the poor sod just want to be left alone.
I personally think kids under four should be left at home with a child minder or a designated cresh area in the wedding and forgotten.

Sometimes it seems,like its an excuse to not interact with anyone else in the wedding. God have some fun for once.

axeman
26-03-2011, 12:16 AM
i read this twice - laughed, then thought yeah i agree...lol.

yourdj
26-03-2011, 12:21 AM
There was a poll but I ballsed it up.

Oh well - It was quite amusing.

NKR
26-03-2011, 12:47 AM
I see so many adults fiddling and farting around which their kids all day and evening when the poor sod just want to be left alone.
I personally think kids under four should be left at home with a child minder or a designated cresh area in the wedding and forgotten.

Sometimes it seems,like its an excuse to not interact with anyone else in the wedding. God have some fun for once.

You don't have kids do you.

supersound
26-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Kids at weddings are ok if you can entertain them,However kids and uplighters don't mix.Ive had sanrnies crushed into them and worse.

Paul

yourdj
26-03-2011, 09:31 AM
You don't have kids do you.

No :p and when I do they will be left with granny or a child minder until they are old enough to sit through a speech without crying or getting bored and throwing a strop. I am good with kids and having a strict but fair upbringing I do not have a lot of patience for badly disciplined children.

I am the same with my dogs. They are well disciplined rotwilers and will sit in a pub and not roam around but I still leave them in the van after a walk. :)
Not everyone likes dogs, its the same with young children ;)

When they can talk and be given incentives etc. then thats another story as they can please themselves.
Its generally up to the parenting.

Jason
26-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm on the other side later this year with our wedding. We strongly considered a "no kids" policy, but that would mean many guests simply could not come.

We're currently trying to work out the wording on the invites.
Luckily, the "problem" families may not come due to distance - and they are only evening-only.

It is a big problem, but also a politially dangerious one. Not everyone can get a baby sitter, and for some of our guests (cousins), their parents are also invited and their mother/father in-law is not local (and in 3 cases not even in the UK!)

As it IS our wedding, I'll be having quiet words if the kids play up - asking the parents to deal with it.

As a DJ, its something we simply have to deal with unless we want to get into bars/clubs.

Shaun
26-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Babies at weddings I don't mind. Toddlers running circles around the Bride & Groom during the first dance (whilst the parents watch and do nothing) makes my blood boil.

I normally bring up this point during the pre-event meeting, and ask the couple if they would like me to make an announcement on the mic prior to the first dance.

MORGEY
26-03-2011, 10:10 AM
I do not like babies and very small children at weddings. (I feel very strongly about this) I have been to many weddings where the church service has been spoilt by children who have been extremely loud and allowed to run amock due entirely to their inconsiderate parents. The reception and evening also gets spoilt by the same method. The day is surely all about the Bride and Groom and should remain just that. Having said most weddings have to have the parents and little darlings there there is hardly any choice. I think it is the parents who should take greater responsibility in controlling the children to ensure it is a great day for the couple who are getting married.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
26-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Sounds like a few of us are forgetting!....
We were all kids ourselves once !!! ( Even Me!)
Kids love weddings and parents love to take kids
to weddings for relations to see and talk to.
Surely most of us DJs do a kiddies spot at a wedding to
keep them amused ?
I like a few kids to amuse early in the evening before
the main Disco gets going. Its a laugh and lets the parents
unwind and chill while the youngsters let off steam on the dancefloor.
Ok so sometimes the parents might think that your a bit of a nutter
playing silly devils with the kids but ay least we are getting paid for this

Maybe youd better stick to dogs Your Dj? ( JOKE)

Cheers

MBK
26-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Opps I thought that the post said BABES at weddings.

Anyway

As it has been pointed out that finding childcare can cause problems with people.
I attended a family wedding last year where there was a strict No children policy and out of the 140 people that were invited 66 of them couldn’t attend due to not being able to get and or afford childcare.
I agree that parents should be able to control what their children are doing and keep an eye on them at all times.

yourdj
26-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Babies at weddings I don't mind. Toddlers running circles around the Bride & Groom during the first dance (whilst the parents watch and do nothing) makes my blood boil.

Thats more like it. Babies and small kids cannot help it so its not one fault, but it interrupts important parts of the day.

Maybe youd better stick to dogs Your Dj? ( JOKE)

I am not talking about children Im an talking about toddlers and babies.
I will be a great Dad :) Strict, consistent and fair. But most of the time Good fun until the line is crossed.

Opps I thought that the post said BABES at weddings.

Babes at wedding is great. One of the perks of the job.
Thats why god invented bridesmaids - to keep the DJ company :p

-