PDA

View Full Version : Traktor 2 Released!

WWDJ
30-03-2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/?category=1303

... will let you know how it feels later ;-) .... already downloading!

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I thought it was April 1st?

WWDJ
30-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I thought it was April 1st?

Released early it seems (no joke!)

simonp
30-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Original release date was supposed to be 1st, but it seems to have been brought forward a couple of days.

DeckstarDeluxe
30-03-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm guessing releasing DJing software at the start of a weekend without a chance to get use to it wasnt a great idea so maybe why the change.

Cowlinn
30-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm guessing releasing DJing software at the start of a weekend without a chance to get use to it wasnt a great idea so maybe why the change.

I'm sure they would've known April 1st was a Friday when they decided on that date.

I don't think that the reason :)

WWDJ
30-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Whatever the reasons, I've just played for a couple of hours and for now it is definitely a worthwhile upgrade. It costs about £63 at the current exchange rate.

The better beatgrids it worth it for me alone as you can get the marker spot on the beat and visually the track is broken down into coloured elements (a bit like serato)

Larry B Entertainment
31-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Our Traktor 2 came yesterday. Have had a go with the vinyls but havent had a chance to try the cd's yet. Whole package seems very nice. Audio 10 installed itself with no hassle just as they claimed it would.
The deck samplers are especially handy.

Been watching some Q Bert videos to learn some tricks to do on it.

WWDJ
31-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Our Traktor 2 came yesterday. Have had a go with the vinyls but havent had a chance to try the cd's yet. Whole package seems very nice. Audio 10 installed itself with no hassle just as they claimed it would.
The deck samplers are especially handy.

Been watching some Q Bert videos to learn some tricks to do on it.

Definitely thinking about upgrading my sound as at the moment I only have the Audio 4DJ. Apparently you can can do all sorts of routing though so combined with my X1 Controller I might be able to do something creative.

Lots of practice needed!

Been playing today and grabbing loops on the fly is good fun. I can sense Drum and Bass vocal drops are going to be happening!

simonp
31-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Thought I'd go whole hog and rather than just pay for the upgrade from TP, I've just ordered the NI Traktor Kontrol S4 which comes with a free Traktor 2 upgrade, so saved myself £59 (in my head I've saved £59 anyway, before some smart alec says what about the £749 for the controller!!!!!).

So seriously thinking of ditching the CDJ400s and DJM800 now

WWDJ
31-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Thought I'd go whole hog and rather than just pay for the upgrade from TP, I've just ordered the NI Traktor Kontrol S4 which comes with a free Traktor 2 upgrade, so saved myself £59 (in my head I've saved £59 anyway, before some smart alec says what about the £749 for the controller!!!!!).

Nice move! if I didn't have the denon x500 and NI X1 (with a spare X500) I'd be looking at that route, plus I do a few bar/club gigs so it helps to have the seperate kit.

Let us know how it pans out :-)

simonp
31-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Nice move! if I didn't have the denon x500 and NI X1 (with a spare X500) I'd be looking at that route, plus I do a few bar/club gigs so it helps to have the seperate kit.

Let us know how it pans out :-)

Will do mate - you know me, there's always a video review waiting around a/the corner ;) :lol:

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Will do mate - you know me, there's always a video review waiting around a/the corner ;) :lol:

Yay...

:sj:

Shaun
31-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Wink
Point
"Catch you later"

:d

simonp
31-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Yay...

:sj:

Wink
Point
"Catch you later"

:d

Now it's going to be dedicated to you two just for that :p

Larry B Entertainment
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM

You got this yet Simon ?

simonp
04-04-2011, 06:58 PM
You got this yet Simon ?

Yes mate - still playing around with it at the moment - 1st thoughts after a couple of days are great controller, works seamlessly with Traktor Pro 2, which is a massive, massive overhaul of Traktor, (and not just aesthetically). You can customise it to suit your needs etc. At the moment I'm using 3 decks as decks and the 4th as 4 sample decks, but am going to play with different configurations tomorrow as well as having a play by putting the Kontrol S4 (although I think it's called the X4 now :confused: ) through an external mixer.

At the moment I'm hugely impressed by both Traktor 2 and the Kontrol S4/X4

WWDJ
04-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Yes mate - still playing around with it at the moment - 1st thoughts after a couple of days are great controller, works seamlessly with Traktor Pro 2, which is a massive, massive overhaul of Traktor, (and not just aesthetically). You can customise it to suit your needs etc. At the moment I'm using 3 decks as decks and the 4th as 4 sample decks, but am going to play with different configurations tomorrow as well as having a play by putting the Kontrol S4 (although I think it's called the X4 now :confused: ) through an external mixer.

Glad you are like Traktor 2. I have midi mapped sample decks to my laptop keyboard with individual volume controls. I going to try mapping the X1 later

simonp
04-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Glad you are like Traktor 2. I have midi mapped sample decks to my laptop keyboard with individual volume controls. I going to try mapping the X1 later

Being Mr Traktor Pro (well the amount of questions in my inbox i get from all over the bloomin world seems to suggest so!!!) I was worried I wouldn't like the complete overhaul.
Mapping the sample decks to your keyboard should just be like the 'one button hot keys' sample grab on the S4, brilliantly simple to get what you want 'just like that' - and it automatically saves all your samples into a separate crate (Brilliant). Going to mess around with the loop recorder tomorrow as just watched a video on that. Just hooked it up to the DJM800 and 'it's all gone quiet over there' - Mmmmm, think I'll have to mess around with the output routing as well tomorrow.

Larry B Entertainment
06-04-2011, 11:40 PM

I didn't think they could take it any further but its nice to see new additions and stuff on there that takes Traktor to another level. Its becoming a production tool now rather than just DJ software.
The loop recorder is real useful for live remixing or for re-introducing snippets of tracks already played in the set plus it automatically saves anything recorded to the track collection as MP3's.