PDA

View Full Version : Civil Partnership

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-09-2006, 03:24 AM
A very busy weekend, last week.

Wedding on Saturday, and then I DJ'd at my very first civil partnership on Sunday.

I'd already had a pre-function meeting with the two chaps, as I hadn't worked at one before and wanted to get everything 'spot on', and not make any faux-pars.

I also supplied them with a PA for their ceremony music, so was at the Golf Club for around 1pm to set that up and the disco, as there was a bit of a tight turn around time.

Started the evening around 7pm with some rather cool swing music from Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra etc and gradually built up to livelier stuff at around 8:30pm.

They didn't want a first dance, so I started with the Scissor Sisters new tune, which was one of the partners fave tune, and they both insisted I played it more than once, which I did.

Musically, it was a fair mixture, with a few more cheesy, camp disco-y type tunes than I would normally play, and lots of party stuff towards the end.

What a fabulous night though. After about 10 minutes, the floor was heaving and didn't stop all night. It was just a great atmosphere, with everyone laughing, joking, drinking and thoroughly enjoying themselves, and I got a great buzz from the evening.

Different from a heterosexual wedding? Not a great deal to be honest, apart from some of the tunes and it just seemed to me that everyone was a lot more relaxed.

I did make a bit of a **** up, but calling them the bride and groom once, but I made a joke of it and no-one took offence.

Biggest song of the night, definately YMCA (which they had asked me to play!)

They were so pleased and kept telling me so at the end of the night, which is always pleasing for one's ego!

Pictures of the guys dressed up -and they did look fantastic and very elegant.

The second one is the wedding cake, which was also absolutely amazing, but I won't tell you how much it was....

I may have picked another one up for next year too, which I will really look forward to if I secure the gig. :)

Excalibur
01-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Had one of these as a fill in between two evening functions, also in a Golf Club. No-one had decided to tell me that the Bride and Groom were both ladies! I had to work it out for myself as the afternoon went on. Luckily, didn't say anything wrong. :)

DMX Will
01-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Nice one Daz, i can imagine that was a good laugh too!

ian8limelight
01-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Cheers for that Darren, sounds like you had an excellent evening.

dj_ags
01-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Well Done Daz :thumbs_up :beer: :teeth:

Sounds like they all had a fantastic time.

CRAZY K
01-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Good stuff Daz--I arranged a gig recently like this for a Civil but didnt do it myself--went very well---they generally seem to--

Dont think you would get very good odds down at William Hills for the most popular tune of the night though :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

CRAZY K