PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do an Arch for the finale?

2Groove
01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I've just been asked to cover a wedding this weekend, and noticed that the B&G have requested an Arch to finish. I've been a wedding Dj for years but have never been asked to do this before!

I'm of the understanding that the arch is normally a formability if the B&G are leaving before the end of the night - is this right?

Whets the etiquette for an arch? Is it much different to a circle?

Booche
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Is it much different to a circle?

Yeah its half :sofa:

On topic tho i think its more of the bestman maid of honour and such people like.

Proberley wrong tho :(

hammy
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM
All you need to do is get the guests to stand opposite each other and get them to make an archway by holding the opposites hands in the air from the door the B&G are leaving by.

EDIT: sorry you wasnt asking how it was done :D

chrisj
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I've been asked for an archway tonight. Junior school disco and the headmaster is leaving. Did an archway 2 years ago fror the previous headmaster. This has been asked for by the PTA organiser who told me the head who left 2 years ago passed away this week. Very unfortunate and I will certainly not mention this tonight.

I did an archway for B&G last week as well.

CRAZY K
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
I've just been asked to cover a wedding this weekend, and noticed that the B&G have requested an Arch to finish. I've been a wedding Dj for years but have never been asked to do this before!

I'm of the understanding that the arch is normally a formability if the B&G are leaving before the end of the night - is this right?

Whets the etiquette for an arch? Is it much different to a circle?

Er no its not if they leave early and and not a formality---just a bit of traditional fun.

It MIGHT occur if they leave early but that would be a coincidence--it happens AFTER the Circle if you really want to have a big finish.

All the fun is going out of Weddings if you have never been asked--when you have read this be proactive--offer it and use as part of USPs.

The history--MANY years ago (as Peter will tell you ;) going back to the early days of Discos ( Theo too ;) ) it was ALWAYS the way the Bride and Groom exited the Building due to the fact that in those days B and G often leapt into their car and whizzed off on Honeymoon--possibly only as far as Brighton in my case :eek:

There was no staying at the same Hotel to the next day etc and it was a clean break approach--they disappeared we shut down the music and went home--:beer1: because it was the symbolic end of the event.

In those days we didnt play New York New York---just Auld Lang Syne.;)

It was a continuation of a very old tradition.

Some of us continue the tradition if at all possible--in fact why not be different and offer it as part of your service--we do.

Etiquette--none--as perfectly described before line of couples ALL MEN on one side LADIES on the other ( its starting to sound like Barn Dance now:eek: )

Line starts in front of the Disco finishes at back of room.

To assist you I am enclosing a piccie of one of mine.

Link

http://www.barndancecallercentre.co.uk/photos.html

This is a bit basic but scroll down to PICTURE NUMBER 5 WEDDING ARCH

YOU the DJ get on the mike and take control. (Brownie Points for you and impress potential bookers)

Wish B and G good luck and all that :Censored: then play something very lively --we used to use Steam --Na Na Kiss him goodbye---geddit--

More recently using Scottish Ceilidh Music --Gay Gordons type so after B and G have moved down the Arch people start doing the Highland Fling and swinging each other round---whatever you choose --for .....sake make it something different--not some pop dirge.

Im sure people on here have some suggestions that they use.;)

Get B and G then to go under the arch, the Bride kisses all the men, groom kisses the Ladies.

Bride and groom emerge from Arch---job done--they either exit the Building or continue with the Party.;)

IF YOU LET THE MUSIC DO THE TALKING AND YOU DONT HAVE ANY MIKE TECHNIQUE --Hand it to the Best Man.:eek: :eek: :eek: