PDA

View Full Version : Acme Series – Fascination etc..

alexperrins
01-09-2006, 01:44 PM
I have been looking at this Acme range – I think it’s largely the Hallucination/Fascination and Orbiter.

Does anybody have any experience with them? Is there a better/worse one out of the three? I am probably intending to use them as a centrepiece, focussed on the centre of the dance floor (if this is appropriate). I am aware you can use them on walls as well but I really want to aim them at the floor. Any advice would be fantastic!

Thanks

Ricesnaps
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
I have been looking at this Acme range – I think it’s largely the Hallucination/Fascination and Orbiter.

Does anybody have any experience with them? Is there a better/worse one out of the three? I am probably intending to use them as a centrepiece, focussed on the centre of the dance floor (if this is appropriate). I am aware you can use them on walls as well but I really want to aim them at the floor. Any advice would be fantastic!

Thanks
Alex,

I have a pair of Fascinations. Great little light, but you need to get them set up right! To be honest I think they are probably better with haze than as a projection effect as the optics are not quite up there with the big named brands. That said, it does depend on the venue size - I am generally playing in 150 - 300 capacity rooms and while they are ok on the walls, the real effect is acrobatic to be honest.

Wouldn't suggest just getting the one, they are dmx and the inbuilt master slave programmes are great!

Corabar Steve
02-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Hallucination are a nice effect too, but may get a little lost as a centre piece. As there is no gobo as such (just the water effect, although you can run this static (like a waterwave) sound or continuous so it is quite flexible, have a look at the other stuff in Acme's Wildtech range, I can recomend the Kaleido as a decent budget light (very good optics & value for money). there's a piccy of one outside my house from about 30 or so feet in this thread (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2426&page=2&pp=10&highlight=Kaleido)