PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference....

funkymike
03-09-2006, 01:47 PM
As you know I have been thinking about buying a new amp, with a bit more power than my numark dimension 4. As iam in no rush thought i would do a bit of looking around to see whats best.

The QSC RMX-2450 looks about the best bet at the min, and the reviews are very good, however i see the beringer amp is of similer power as is a yamaha amp but are half the price? also the reveiws on them are also good. i know a dj who uses the yamaha and swears by them. So is there a difference between Qsc or beringer/yamaha, they all do the same job, perhaps Qsc are built to last longer, but the chances are they will last the same time, also beringer amps are fitted with Toshie bits where as the likes of Qsc, could be anything, so is it just the name that keeps it expensive.

Your thoughts boys and girls

ta

Mike

A1DL
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Mike

The QSC is the best. They make professional amplifiers, in the same league as Crown, LabGruppen, Void, etc

Have a look at the Void Infinites, lovely amps and I'm sure Mr Whitehouse could do you a deal :teeth:

Yamaha make some good amps too, and racks of Yams are now being seen out & about more often, they are popular because they are light.

Bellringer, :omg: personally I'd struggle to find a bargepole long enough to toss one in the local skip.

HTH

Tony :beer:

Have a disco
03-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Never had a problem with my MT Militec 1600 like warrior they are workhorses

Ricesnaps
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Bellringer, :omg: personally I'd struggle to find a bargepole long enough to toss one in the local skip.

Maybe not a top end brand, but the one we have run for the last two years is a fantastic amp, great workhorse and a fantastic sound.