PDA

View Full Version : Don't know where to put this one.

Excalibur
21-04-2011, 12:59 PM
MP3 problem. I downloaded an album from Tesco yesterday, and when I try to play some tracks, they get part way through, stop, and cue up, paused at the beginning. Same thing on D2 and PC, because at first I blamed the lappy and VDJ.

Not every track is a problem. Ideas, anyone? :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Can you not download them again Peter? Sounds like the tracks are a little dodgy.

Excalibur
21-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Can you not download them again Peter? Sounds like the tracks are a little dodgy.

Apologies for appearing to ignore you there, mate. I was using the laptop in the van, and I honestly believed I had replied to you. Finger or brain trouble, sorry. :o :(

I hope I can download tham again, Darren. That would be the first line of attack. I don't think I've ever had this problem before. The download was done on the desktop at home, with landline, rather than on the fly with a laptop and dongle at a gig, so that surprises me a bit. I haven't used Tesco for ages, and I only went there because they were flagged up as way cheaper by Tunechecker.

Anyone else had problems with Tesco? If this were 7digital, I could definitely download agin, Amazon I don't think so,Tesco, I don't know. :confused: Ah well.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Email them and tell them the integrity of the songs are no good - they are normally pretty good when it comes to things like this in my experience.

Excalibur
21-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Email them and tell them the integrity of the songs are no good - they are normally pretty good when it comes to things like this in my experience.

Good idea. If I do, I'll keep everyone posted.

CRAZY K
21-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Apologies for appearing to ignore you there, mate. I was using the laptop in the van, and I honestly believed I had replied to you. Finger or brain trouble, sorry. :o :(

I hope I can download tham again, Darren. That would be the first line of attack. I don't think I've ever had this problem before. The download was done on the desktop at home, with landline, rather than on the fly with a laptop and dongle at a gig, so that surprises me a bit. I haven't used Tesco for ages, and I only went there because they were flagged up as way cheaper by Tunechecker.

Anyone else had problems with Tesco? If this were 7digital, I could definitely download agin, Amazon I don't think so,Tesco, I don't know. :confused: Ah well.

I once used hmv and the files downloaded had no music in them :eek:

I then went to i tunes but it took months to get my money back from HMV:eek:

Hopefully you will get a refund or able to download again.;)

Excalibur
23-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Update: Success. Upon playing the tracks in a calm relaxed manner at home with Media Monkey ( Oh how I love that programme ), rather than the blind panic of a gig, three tracks show up as dodgy.

Why are they dodgy? Simples. One's only seventeen seconds long, and the other two barely break the minute barrier!!

Okay, off to the help section at Tesco. Closest FAQ question to mine gives the information that I can download again if I have had a problem at first. Whoopee. To cut a long story short, I did so, retagged them to my satisfaction, and replaced the faulty ones on the HD. Bingo. :D

Tesco say you can download tracks more than once. They don't actually specify how many times,( for there is apparently a limit ) or how long the tracks remain available, but it's a good start.

Totally Plucked
23-04-2011, 12:31 PM

I'd go with Darren's option Pete, there's a big competitive world of digital entertainment out there, a big company like Tesco I would have thought they want to keep their customers happy ! :)

Corabar Entertainment
23-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I'd go with Darren's option Pete, there's a big competitive world of digital entertainment out there, a big company like Tesco I would have thought they want to keep their customers happy ! :)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Update: Success. ...

...the information that I can download again if I have had a problem at first. Whoopee. To cut a long story short, I did so, retagged them to my satisfaction, and replaced the faulty ones on the HD. Bingo. :D

Totally Plucked
23-04-2011, 04:19 PM
OOps.............Early morning madness ! I hadn't woken up properly ! lol :D

Corabar Entertainment
23-04-2011, 04:21 PM
:D :lol:

DazzyD
25-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Glad you got it sorted, Peter. I was thinking that maybe the tracks had somehow picked up cue points but dodgy downloads is more obvious!

Tesco say you can download tracks more than once. They don't actually specify how many times,( for there is apparently a limit ) or how long the tracks remain available, but it's a good start.

This is why I use 7Digital. I think the Locker idea is brilliant. Any downloads you make are added to the Locker and you can download them again if you experience any problems. Peace of mind!

Excalibur
25-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Glad you got it sorted, Peter. I was thinking that maybe the tracks had somehow picked up cue points but dodgy downloads is more obvious!
Similar thoughts were going through my mind. ;)

This is why I use 7Digital. I think the Locker idea is brilliant. Any downloads you make are added to the Locker and you can download them again if you experience any problems. Peace of mind!

That's one reason why I too look at 7Digital first.