PDA

View Full Version : Disco Suppliers

DJ Frankie
24-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi

I'm looking to travel up to Birmingham from Somerset to purchase some RCF speakers from HTFR but before I do does anyone know of any local DJ kit suppliers nearer to home? I did a Google check but couldn't find any in the Southwest.

surround sounds
24-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi

I'm looking to travel up to Birmingham from Somerset to purchase some RCF speakers from HTFR but before I do does anyone know of any local DJ kit suppliers nearer to home? I did a Google check but couldn't find any in the Southwest.

Hi
I would make sure the rcf speakers you want,they have in stock.I got mine from there and i had to wait a few days for the rcf905as.I am lucky as i only live 10 mins away..
Thanks
John

Totally Plucked
24-04-2011, 09:34 AM
HTFR have had a bit of a slating on a different forum for advertising stuff as being 'In stock', when indeed they has been awaiting delivery.

Sound advice........................Ring a check before you travel :)

Don't know if I'm breaking any forum rules here (hope not) but Batmink Audio used to be down Glastonbury way, there's also Musicland in Cardiff, much closer I would have thought.

Corabar Steve
24-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Don't you need an account with Batmink?

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't DJ Kit in Newbury be closer?

yourdj
24-04-2011, 11:42 AM
HTFR have had a bit of a slating on a different forum for advertising stuff as being 'In stock', when indeed they has been awaiting delivery.

And on this one. I had ordered several items off them that are "in stock" to find it actually takes a month on average to arrive.

My LD speaker cover for one. I ordered the next one from blue aran and bob your uncle next day pick up from the store.

Not very impressive tbh. I would not mind if it said not in stock or something.

DJ Frankie
24-04-2011, 11:49 AM

I did look at DJ Kit but I don't think they stock RCF.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I did look at DJ Kit but I don't think they stock RCF.

My mistake!

RSD (http://www.rsdmusic.com/)may be a little nearer - they have a decent demo room and loads of stock too.

Ecstatic Events
24-04-2011, 01:12 PM
My mistake!

RSD (http://www.rsdmusic.com/)may be a little nearer - they have a decent demo room and loads of stock too.

RSD - Cant go wrong there.

Highly recommended over HTFR...

marting
24-04-2011, 01:57 PM

they also do free delivery is you spend over £50 delivery is normally very quick next working day or day after i have recently brought several items from them service is excellent.

Kernow
24-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi

I could name two in the South-West......... but I won't, as Birmingham is closer to you than they are :p ;) :D

Chris G
24-04-2011, 05:49 PM
PMT in Bristol stock RCF speakers - got mine there!

Danno13
24-04-2011, 06:36 PM
There's a digital village in Bristol too.

DJ Frankie
24-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Cheers everyone, will of course check out the local ones first.

Totally Plucked
24-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Don't you need an account with Batmink?

Not sure Steve, I used to deal with them many years ago, but no dealings for a long while, so things may have changed :confused: