PDA

View Full Version : Denon MC-6000 or HD-2500

DJ Frankie
25-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase one of the above to use with either OTS or VDJ but can't decide which unit to get.
I have read the reviews on both units and both having glowing reports. So my question is for those that own both of these units which one comes out on top?

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase one of the above to use with either OTS or VDJ but can't decide which unit to get.
I have read the reviews on both units and both having glowing reports. So my question is for those that own both of these units which one comes out on top?

Do you mean the HD2500?

DJ Frankie
26-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Oops yes just seen my mistake but couldn't edit it.

Done. Excalibur.

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-04-2011, 03:59 PM
It really depends on a lot of things.

Using software is easier to DJ with straight out of the box than the HD2500, but I found the HD better for mixing and looping etc.

The MC6000 is a midi controller and mixer, so weighs a lot less and is more versatile than the HD2500. The MC6000 is also a stand alone mixer as well as midi controller and has numerous things that make my life easier.

VDJ seems to be very stable now - the reason I started using the HD2500 was becuase VDJ crashed on me. Just once, but that was enough! That was a couple of years ago though.

Both have their merits and the HD is a fine bit of kit - I still have 2 in various playout systems, but for me, the MC6000 is an all in one solution.

The MC6000 is more expensive, but if you are selling a mixer to help finance it, it's not so bad.

DJ Frankie
26-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks Darren, I appreciate the reply. To be honest I do love both bits of kit but am swaying more to the MC6000.

P.s Thanks Excalibur for the edit.

WWDJ
26-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm assuming you want Karaoke which is why you are considering OTS or VDJ.

I have used the HD2500 a lot as a stand alone machine and it is a very good machine, I still have one in use as backup, however as a midi controller and soundcard I wasn't impressed. The latency wasn't low enough and because the HD2500 isn't designed from the ground up to be a midi controller, it wasn't that intuitive unless all you want to do is Cue and Play IMO.

I haven't used the MC6000 as I didn't want to move away from having a separate mixer.

Shakermaker Promotions
26-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I know it's probably not much help Frankie seeing as you've asked if anyone has used both....I haven't. What I will say though is that the Denon is the best bit of kit I have used. I have linked it up to VDJ before and I liked it but to be honest, I like using it the way it is. It is just so easy to use.

WWDJ
26-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I know it's probably not much help Frankie seeing as you've asked if anyone has used both....I haven't. What I will say though is that the Denon is the best bit of kit I have used. I have linked it up to VDJ before and I liked it but to be honest, I like using it the way it is. It is just so easy to use.

You're talking about the HD2500 here right? As a standalone solution i'd say it is well executed but personally i couldn't go back from a laptop now ..

Shakermaker Promotions
26-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Yes, the Denon HD2500. Sorry.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks Darren, I appreciate the reply. To be honest I do love both bits of kit but am swaying more to the MC6000.

I know your sister lives this way, so if ever you are visiting, you're welcome to pop in and try both here.

Adam_F
27-04-2011, 02:27 PM
I know your sister lives this way, so if ever you are visiting, you're welcome to pop in and try both here.

and.....

I have a HD 2500 lying here, not used it since Xmas 2009, your more than welcome to borrow it, as your only down the road!

DJ Frankie
27-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Darren & Adam thank you for the offer thats very kind.

welby
28-04-2011, 09:32 AM
I have a Denon MC6000 and use it with VDJ - I do karaoke and video and I love it. It is simple to use and you can control VDJ from the mixer.

I can't vouch for the HD2500, but I understand from here it gets glowing reports.

Hope this helps.

Mark