PDA

View Full Version : Which LED starcloth?

welby
28-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi all,

I am looking to replace my white led starcloth deckskirt, and was looking at the starvision led from Madeffects.com and wondering if anyone has an alternative product to compare this with?

If not what experiences have you had in reliabilty ease of use, effects etc.

Thank you.

Mark

surround sounds
28-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi all,

I am looking to replace my white led starcloth deckskirt, and was looking at the starvision led from Madeffects.com and wondering if anyone has an alternative product to compare this with?

If not what experiences have you had in reliabilty ease of use, effects etc.

Thank you.

Mark

Hi
You can not go wronge with these Starcloths,The older controllers was not as good but they have improved all the software extra now.I have a fair few deckstand curtains from madeffects and 3 3x2 metre curtain and never had a problem.

Takeiteasy
28-04-2011, 03:01 PM
LInk to website... cost ?

surround sounds
28-04-2011, 03:39 PM
LInk to website... cost ?

http://www.madeffects.com/starvision-led-vision-curtain-102-c.asp
Sometimes they put them on ebay and put best offer on them.Thats how i got mine cheaper than the prices on there website

welby
28-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Sometimes they put them on ebay and put best offer on them.Thats how i got mine cheaper than the prices on there website

I would have thought they would offer forum members discount as they are on the suppliers list :party2:

surround sounds
28-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I would have thought they would offer forum members discount as they are on the suppliers list :party2:

I do not know..Try them

pagan_flame
28-04-2011, 08:04 PM

I initially bought a 3m x 2m from Ebay. It was too big for my needs... I contacted them as to the possibility of an exchange for a deckskirt item - No Reply. I emailed them through their website - No Reply.

I sent them a question on a deckskirt auction on Ebay - No Reply.

So finally I made a 'Best Offer' on the item at the price I paid for the 3m x 2m with a suitable message attached.

This time a response - they accepted the offer and immediately invoiced me for the amount on Immediate Payment. But no words of any kind with reference to my previous enquiries.

In the end I sold the 3m x 2m privately and got my money back that way, but a massive :thumbs_down: to them for their customer support - although the item is superb, I will not be buying from them again. :mad:

Pe7e
28-04-2011, 09:43 PM
A massive :thumbs_down: to them for their customer support - although the item is superb, I will not be buying from them again. :mad:

I feel the same way myself, the cloth I bought came with 3 dead LEDs, I used the spares that came with the cloth to get it working and contacted MAD effects to get them replaced. Despite a promise to do so, and many ignored emails, I'm still waiting! Unless and until these are replaced, I will not be purchasing any more goods from them, or recommend them to friends, their customer service is the worst I've come across in the industry. Just in case Mr MAD effects reads this, for the sake of a couple of pounds, you have already lost out over £700 in sales which I sourced elsewhere, and you will miss out on another £155 next month. It's a shame really, because your kit is OK, unlike your customer service, which sucks.

Andy Goodtimes
29-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Different league I guess but I always use S+H, I have 2 of their booths and some larger starcloths, basically they will make any size and style you want. They are very high grade pro quality but considerably more money. The thing I find is that it works out cheaper in the longterm as it cuts down on the cost of repairs to the cheaper ones.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-04-2011, 08:36 AM
I have 2 of their booths

Why have you got 2 Andy? :confused:

Andy Goodtimes
29-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Because on the odd occasion I do have 2 out on the same night...not often though. Its mostly at the Ramada in chester where I do on a semi-regular basis and if they have one in the main Park Suite and one in the restaurant I do one and my roadie the other...my roadie is actually quite a good DJ. Its usually New Years Eve, about half a dozen overspill party nights round Christmas and prob only about 10 other nights throughout the year.

Getting a bit off-topic but quickly the only time I will ever put 2 out on the same night is if I am actually working in the same venue too as I want to be on hand and able to take the odd peep to see all is going well. I have often thought about going multi-op but always resisted just in case I put another show out and something goes wrong.

Getting back to the star cloth thing...I have never had an issue with a S+H but with Sound Lab, MAD, Sky tech and NJD I have had issues with LEDs, broken wires or joints and zippers. I have also had problems with the plugs which remind me of the old CB radio type plugs, last time I had the connections glued as well as soldering and that held longer. Also, I think the cheaper ones look like an old shell suit type material...fair enough when the lights are down they aint too bad but early doors when the house lights are up I think they are awful.

I also get fire proofing certificates with the S+H ones and I have had one hotel and one university ask me to see it.

paulg
29-04-2011, 12:16 PM
You would be best advised to buy one of the Madeffects style cloths
from a UK retailer. Madeffects customer service is, at times, appalling and if you buy from them directly in Ireland, and have problems, your consumer rights are affected. Trust me on this, it took me months to get a replacement cloth after they sold me a dud through eBay.

Because of the grid pattern of the leds the coloured cloths are no replacement for a standard star cloth.

welby
01-05-2011, 08:20 AM
You would be best advised to buy one of the Madeffects style cloths
from a UK retailer. Madeffects customer service is, at times, appalling and if you buy from them directly in Ireland, and have problems, your consumer rights are affected. Trust me on this, it took me months to get a replacement cloth after they sold me a dud through eBay.

That's a good idea - thanks

Because of the grid pattern of the leds the coloured cloths are no replacement for a standard star cloth.

Yes I am looking for something different than the standard white led cloth.