PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Stand - for heavy laptop!

funkymook
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm looking for a laptop stand for my 00DJ - which is a heavy beast! So rather than get one which might not be strong/stable enough thought I'd ask if there are any recommendations first. Or any DIY options that people have tried and tested (a small bed-table with foldaway legs?).

leelive
01-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm looking for a laptop stand for my 00DJ - which is a heavy beast! So rather than get one which might not be strong/stable enough thought I'd ask if there are any recommendations first. Or any DIY options that people have tried and tested (a small bed-table with foldaway legs?).

I have used Cranes stands for the last year with my Toshiba laptops. The laptops are about 3kg each. no problem.

Review here:
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27993&highlight=crane

Lee

funkymook
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
I have used Cranes stands for the last year with my Toshiba laptops. The laptops are about 3kg each. no problem.

Review here:
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27993&highlight=crane

Lee

Cheers Lee - been looking at them and others for a while, definitely seems the pick of the bunch. Expensive, but if you want quality you have to pay for it - unfortunately my budget can't stretch that far at the moment.

funkymook
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Just went out to get some shopping, popped into Maplins and saw a Pro Sound laptop stand (£19.99), so bought it!

00DJ sits nicely on it and it feels sturdy. It doesn't fold flat so once assembled that's it (too fiddly to breakdown and build each time). But you can assemble it at different heights (and has spacer rods to extend the width) and it has a handy shelf as well. So for the money I'm pleased with my purchase!

hammy
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Good luck with the maplins one, mine lasted 2 months ;)

funkymook
01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Good luck with the maplins one, mine lasted 2 months ;)

Now you tell me! :D

It'll serve it's purpose for the time being and if I get more than a few months out of it I'll be happy.

Glenski
01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Now you tell me! :D

It'll serve it's purpose for the time being and if I get more than a few months out of it I'll be happy.

I have one of those and it serves me well :) very rigid and strong !!

"Maybe you should not sit on it then Hammy with the laptop on your lap" ;)

Thank you

Glenn

hammy
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I have one of those and it serves me well :) very rigid and strong !!

"Maybe you should not sit on it then Hammy with the laptop on your lap" ;)

Thank you

Glenn

I knew I was doing it wrong