PDA

View Full Version : Hampshire DJ Association Meeting - 17 May 2011 12-4 pm

yourdj
04-05-2011, 10:41 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/195720_170340703021345_4874006_n.jpg

Another meeting arranged at the Slug and Lettuce (Southampton) - upstairs.
12-4pm. Tuesday 17th may.

Demo of the new Pioneer Itch/Traktor controller.
Lunch and coffees as well as general chitchat about the industry.

stormproductions
08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi Toby,

I should be able to pop down to this if you're interested? Can bring more photos for people to see. Could be useful to meet others in the area.

Mark

yourdj
08-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi Toby,

I should be able to pop down to this if you're interested? Can bring more photos for people to see. Could be useful to meet others in the area.

Mark

Great :approve:

Anyone is welcome as long as they have the right attitude to the industry.
Other than that its a really good day to have a chat and meet people in the same boat. :)

Few forum members on this video too:

YouTube - Southampton-mobile-dj-association-hampshire-mobile-disco

ps - you do not have to work in Hampshire. Anyone can get involved (ie forum owners from Reading :)) from other areas.

marting
08-05-2011, 11:08 PM
hope to be able to pop along for a few hours (sadly working at 4.30pm)

SPDJ
08-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Yep I shall be there May 17th should be good :-)

Paul The Party Dj
09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Looking forward to it - I may run a sweepstake on what the next name for the group will be. Seriously HDA works for me - nice one Toby.

The S&L is very central so cheap daytime parking isn't easy - I don't know if anyone has any ideas. 12 'til 4 is peak shopping time and nobody is ever in a rush to get away - so I'd recommend not leaving yourself short on time - nobody wants a parking ticket!

There is an all day for £5 car park opposite the train station behind ToysRus (then it's a 10 minute walk up the big hill to the Civic Centre - straight across the mad junction to Matalan on your right - straight on to the traffic lights with KFC on the other side - turn right at the lights and the S&L will be on your right).

Alternatively you can park in West Quay walk through to Above Bar - turn left and the S&L will be on your left.

Hope that helps - see you there.

yourdj
09-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Looking forward to it - I may run a sweepstake on what the next name for the group will be. Seriously HDA works for me - nice one Toby.

The S&L is very central so cheap daytime parking isn't easy - I don't know if anyone has any ideas. 12 'til 4 is peak shopping time and nobody is ever in a rush to get away - so I'd recommend not leaving yourself short on time - nobody wants a parking ticket!

There is an all day for £5 car park opposite the train station behind ToysRus (then it's a 10 minute walk up the big hill to the Civic Centre - straight across the mad junction to Matalan on your right - straight on to the traffic lights with KFC on the other side - turn right at the lights and the S&L will be on your right).

Alternatively you can park in West Quay walk through to Above Bar - turn left and the S&L will be on your left.

Hope that helps - see you there.

Just thought of that. I would suggest the West Quay for ease as its close and the east street (Marlands) one for value (3 min walk). The all day ones are not very large, but worth a shot if your staying longer. The one near the station also washes your car for the same price.

Or even better we can all park at Sunnys flat :p

Paul The Party Dj
09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
The one near the station I was thinking of was not the washes your car one - it's the one between the car wash yard and ToysRus - I think the car wash site would cost more than £5 unless your car is a little one.

yourdj
09-05-2011, 01:35 PM
The one near the station I was thinking of was not the washes your car one - it's the one between the car wash yard and ToysRus - I think the car wash site would cost more than £5 unless your car is a little one.

Yes good point. Never used that car park actually. never thought about it.
It actually looks non existent on the map below?

I am having dinner in the venue tonight so may park there and see :p

There are plenty about. The national one next to Asda is the nearest:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=car+park&aq=&sll=50.906179,-1.405585&sspn=0.003836,0.009699&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&t=h&rq=1&ev=zo&split=1&radius=0.25&hq=car+park&hnear=&ll=50.905211,-1.405799&spn=0.003836,0.009699&z=17

Daryll
09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Would love to attend , but having a full time job , sort of put the breaks on for me :(

Daryll

yourdj
09-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I may run a sweepstake on what the next name for the group will be.

I was speaking to Alex today and he mentioned the letters N A D AND J.
Do not like that name :p seriously though apparently they want to set something up down here but I still like HDA as a little lunch association ;)

Which answers the comment below.

Would love to attend , but having a full time job , sort of put the breaks on for me :(

Should have some form of evening event at some point as another thing but the HDA lunch meetings will continue so you just need to get some more gigs and ditch your day job like the rest of us ;)

Shakermaker Promotions
09-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Toby - Big up's to you for getting all of this sorted. I would attend one in the future that's for sure but just of late, it's been a bit of a toughie for me.

Alex
09-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Toby-licious....

I will certainly try to get there S&L do some great food! ... and hopefully on this one I wont oversleep and panic! LOL

yourdj
09-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Toby-licious....

I will certainly try to get there S&L do some great food!

I had the best burger ever there tonight and it was buy one get one free :eek:
it was rammed with quite nice people which is a rarity in Southampton these days :D

£10 for two nice meals and two soft drinks. ;)

atomicents
11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey

I will be present, looking forward to it

Rather than finding an all-day parking place I am going to join the communers on public transport, then that allows me to have an unusual mid-week cheeky pint or two.

see you next tuesday (spelt with a y)

yourdj
11-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Hey

I will be present, looking forward to it

Rather than finding an all-day parking place I am going to join the communers on public transport, then that allows me to have an unusual mid-week cheeky pint or two.

see you next tuesday (spelt with a y)

Great Tom :) I might join you
Ania can drive me home after work. :p

Before you get "an introduce yourself" message go and have a look at the newbees section and say hello ;)

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=32

-

Paul The Party Dj
12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Good to see you here Tom, as Toby says make sure you introduce yourself properly to the forum.

I do hope all you crazy young men won't get too giddy.

Am I the only one uncomfortable with "see you next Tuesday"?

Paul The Party Dj
16-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow - seeing the two Pioneer DDJ systems being demo'd is going to be great.

See you there everyone ;o)

stormproductions
16-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Anybody else coming from outside Southampton who wants to find some free on street parking and share a lift in? I'm aiming to meet Ashley Riggs at 11.45am somewhere on Bassett Green Road and only bring 1 vehicle into town.

marting
17-05-2011, 12:58 AM
sadly not going to be able to make it too many idiots on the trains tonight must have been the full moon. hopefully next time

Alex
17-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Sorry guys... I've got Virgin Media coming round tomorrow to fix my broadband as it's going squiffy at the moment!

They are coming between 12 and 6pm... hope it's before 6.. as I have a dinner reservation at 6:30pm with family members from Australia!

Again... sorry guys... hopefully I can make the next one! :) xx

yourdj
17-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Sorry guys... I've got Virgin Media coming round tomorrow to fix my broadband as it's going squiffy at the moment!

They are coming between 12 and 6pm... hope it's before 6.. as I have a dinner reservation at 6:30pm with family members from Australia!

Again... sorry guys... hopefully I can make the next one! :) xx

I wish i was having a virgin coming around but living in Hythe I doubt there are many of them here. :p

Paul The Party Dj
17-05-2011, 07:49 AM
A virgin in Portsmouth - come on Alex - nobody's going to believe that one!

You will be missed

yourdj
17-05-2011, 07:57 AM
You will be missed

No he wont :p actually its a shame there might be someone you would get on well with coming.
How much shall we bet that Sunny forgets ;)

I have purposefully not reminded him. I am 50% confident he will not turn up.
I bet he turns up next week knowing him. The last one he turned up a week early.
On the day I called him an hour before and he still slept in. :muppet:

Paul The Party Dj
17-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Best turn out yet (I think).
Well done everyone for making the effort.
Sunny made it and so did Mal, and it was great to see the two Pioneer DDJ's side-by-side.
Toby - well done for putting it all together as always.

See you all soon.

SPDJ
17-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Terrific meeting guys. Was great to catch up with everyone! I am defiantly at the next one.

Cheers! :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

yourdj
17-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Defo. Pics and vid coming tomorrow.

Was it me or did four hours go by in one :eek:

Andy Collins
17-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Ohhhh mmmaaannnnnnnnn!!

I've just seen this post! my home town is Southampton and would have loved to take a drive down to this :(

Sooooooo gutted :cry:

yourdj
17-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Ohhhh mmmaaannnnnnnnn!!

I've just seen this post! my home town is Southampton and would have loved to take a drive down to this :(

Sooooooo gutted :cry:

Another one next month in the evening some time with a night out after if your interested. :)

Daryll
17-05-2011, 10:41 PM
In the evening , great :D , let me know the date.

Daryll

Andy Collins
18-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Absolutely!! keep me informed! :)

stormproductions
18-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for organising this Toby. Good to meet you and the others.

Mark