PDA

View Full Version : Compilations by Decade

CD Pool
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM
It seems there are frequently threads along the lines of 'I need music for the 70's for a gig', do you think that having say a 'best of' each decade would be a useful compilations to have?

Charlie Brown
10-05-2011, 11:34 AM
This would be a good idea for people starting up.

The first ever CD I brought was your 'Jock in the Box'

It would be nice if you could make a complication of the less 'obvious' tunes that would work well.

For example, if you do an 80's complication it would be nice to see something different as supposed to Whitney, Wham, KC & The Sunshine band etc.

NXDisco
10-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I would love to see compilations of the decades... I would definitely buy them as I am just starting up and have no idea of music pre 90's. So would be ideal and a massive help.

Thanks

Steve the DJ
10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
It would be nice if you could make a complication of the less 'obvious' tunes that would work well.

Why make things so difficult?

Charlie Brown
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM

:confused:

Would you buy a CD full of the obvious tunes then?

paulg
10-05-2011, 01:06 PM
you did!

Steve the DJ
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
:confused:

:whoosh:

:D

soundtracker
10-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Less obvious to who?

Excalibur
10-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh Charlie, you truly are priceless!!!!!!!

This would be a good idea for people starting up.

The first ever CD I brought was your 'Jock in the Box'
Frstly, we're in the CD Pool section of the Forum. You've just recommended a product by a rival Company. M*******x. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

For example, if you do an 80's complication it would be nice to see something different as supposed to Whitney, Wham, KC & The Sunshine band etc.

Can I have a big :whoosh: and a :doh: for Charlie, and a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for Steve.

Now I've got to go and get a cloth to wipe my coffee off the monitor. :Laugh:

Sorry Mr CD Pool, for going off topic, I promise I'll come back and be serious as soon as I can. :o :o :o

WWDJ
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I just think a good download service would be more appropriate in this day and age.

* Genre Tags - up to several per track so we can search by 70s or Disco for instance
* A Good Preview Player - Beatport and TrackItDown offer a good preview of the track so you can check versions before you buy rather than the 30 second itunes fixed preview.
* Subscription as well as individual track based pricing - e.g. 20 tracks per month for £10, then I could buy new music and back fill my collection if there isn't much new that month.

DazzyD
10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
There are loads of "decades" compilations out there but they all recycle the same old tunes. Charlie idea of less obvious tracks is something that could possibly interested me as I already have the vast majority of the common songs from compilations I already have.

Steve - well spotted, that man! Must admit I didn't see the mistake at first so it's good that we eagle-eyed members like yourself to liven up the threads!! ;)