PDA

View Full Version : West of Scotland DJamp 15-6-11

Davy
14-05-2011, 01:29 PM
After the turnout wasn't great at the last one due to being a Thursday and most guys working we've went back to Wednesday nights so everyone can attend.

Wednesday 15th June

The club
High street
Newarthill

AKA the Newarthill club

Just a few miles from junction 6 on the M8 so great access from all of central Scotland.We've had a meet here before with good turnout .

This seminar with be on marketing and will be taken by the forums very own discotherapy (Steven)who is now part of the team. Steven works full time doing sales and marketing for a successfull international company so should be good.

Previous seminars were

*How to well your self ( dealing with enquiries )
*The benifits of being legal ( proved that even on pub money it's better to be legit )
*getting what your worth ( what should you be charging and how to work it out )

If anyone would like info on the previous seminars then just ask one of the team on the night.

The meets are open to all mobile DJs and anyone interested in mobile Dj'ing

Our shop this time is still TBC but I have asked a local supplier who does everything from budget to quality equipment , they also do repairs and offer PAT testing. They are also one of the main suppliers to live entertainers in Lanarkshire so they can usually give you a great deal on mic's or even guitars , keyboards or drum kits if your into the live scene too.The have expressed an interest so I've left it with them and I'll speak to them soon.

The usual second hand table will be there for you to sell your kit free of charge or pick up a bargain.some members have brought a car load to sell and went home with an empty car and a pocket full of cash.Even if it's old and unused bring it along , many DJs starting out attend these meets.

Usuall rules apply

£3 entry includes a raffle ticket for our prize table and you can also buy additional tickets to better your chances. Hot buffet also included in your entry fee.

So what else have you planned for a Wednesday night?

Stick this one in your diary and come along.

I'll ask our supplier to bring various fluids , bulbs , mic's and whatever else they want to bring.

Feel free to declare your interest below so we can gauge numbers and if anyone wants any additional info pm me or my phone numbers on my website if you want to chat about it.

sandysounds
15-05-2011, 12:21 PM
All details and contacts can be found on the AMPdj dedicated website called DJ AMP.... http://www.djamp.co.uk/djamp-events/glasgow-dj-meetand the dedicated facebook page http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=174813012573105

Davy
15-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Cheers sandy that was quick , only confirmed the venue on Friday.

As a side note - were also looming for ways to improve the meets so if anyone has any suggestions list them below. We've thought about doing topics on " An introduction to DMX " or Mixing techniques but most of the mobile guys coming to the meets are using Plug and play type lights that will run master slave on sound to light without issues and most wouldn't be interested in the mixing topic although if that changes we would be happy to do it.

The previous topics have all been based on issues mentioned at previous meets, the last one on how to sell yourself came about as even though the local DJs want to charge more many didnt see how they can so it was about handling enquiries.

This topic is all about how to get the enquiries you want.

The idea is that they all tie in with each other but even if you missed the last ones just ask one of the team on the night and they'll be happy to talk you through the key points on what's been missed.

These meets are run by working DJs for working DJs and there is no proffit whatsoever envolved.

Andy Goodtimes
16-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Sounds impresssive...Good luck with it.

Davy
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
http://875812307355161878-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/e5f81c881e6f9936/djamp-events/glasgow-dj-meet/glasgow150611.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqzkBPKGRR523Hna 3zeqCXQN2shH6oN-OvhaQGwD_gtCSLCcO46xButtqwFNDQv3f4zdkQiUfyGoL9NEO1 XQqgc_g6dNHcZwyr5gqDMuGTQhd7I5R4acskR7dOWIXuLQvFAW GQCEsyXxXW3bhnc6P85I42tNrmBA-kDAhM6hVVts9ej9APA2FK3LsB6iq1rby_argz408gObEcdpR0M 1sP24EI0OxaA7-S0qcxoUVxTU6sS92yi3T9W1AOC8rE9eOVIWgD2&attredirects=0

DJ Tony McQue
02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry I can't make it this time Davy.

If any of the East coast or central Scotland DJs fancy a meetup, please let me know. Davy and the boys are doing a brilliant job of organising the meetups on the West coast and I personally found the one I went to a rewarding evening. If distance is the only issue, I am happy to organise something through this way. If it is any help, I quite enjoy beer and could happily discuss DJ world until the small hours. Subject to babysitting and Wife approval of course.

Davy
05-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Tony if you are up for making a go of it for the east coast you'll have our full support and I know most of us would happily travel though.

To get it off the ground you only need 3 local lads to pitch in.

soundmaster mobile disco
06-06-2011, 07:53 AM
I would be interested in an east\central dj meet up,if it were to happen.The last one we tried 2 years ago after the first meet up did not take of,due to lack of interest.

Davy
14-06-2011, 08:06 PM
I would be interested in an eastcentral dj meet up,if it were to happen.The last one we tried 2 years ago after the first meet up did not take of,due to lack of interest.

Why not come to this one and introduce yourself as there may be people from the east there.If you want to hold it we can talk you through how we do it . I know I'd come through and I recon the other guys would too.

An hours drive to network is nothing in the grand scheme of things.Since the meets started most of the guys have been passing each other leads when there booked so the chance of more work is there.

Meet is tomorrow for anyone interested