PDA

View Full Version : Rockit Pro DJ software

weekender45
18-05-2011, 08:34 PM
I am trying to find out something about this software.
http://www.rockit2000.com/

Has or is anyone using it ?
and can anyone recommend it? what are its pros and cons ?

Thanks

kieran Griff
18-05-2011, 08:46 PM
may I ask why you are interested in this programme

weekender45
18-05-2011, 09:22 PM
may I ask why you are interested in this programme

Im interested in buying it, if it does the job. Im also looking at ots

kieran Griff
18-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd say go for an established programme with a proven track record

funkymook
18-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd say go for an established programme with a proven track record

Very good... 'track record'......oh please yourselves.

Can you give us an idea of what functions you need from a programme and what sort of gigs/music you'll be using it for. There's probably people using every main DJ software on the forum who can help advise you.

simonp
19-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I am trying to find out something about this software.
http://www.rockit2000.com/

Has or is anyone using it ?
and can anyone recommend it? what are its pros and cons ?

Thanks

Having had a look and read through, it certailnly seems to tick all the basic boxes and more to be fair.

If it does what you require then there's no need to splash out on a 'higher end' DJ Software just because it has the name 'Traktor', 'Serato', 'VDJ', PCDJ' etc etc

The rokit software says it's also fully mapable with the MIDI learn function. It looks like a decent budget option to me.

I'd 'try before you buy' and download the free trial version and have a play to see if you're comfortable with it. (I might just do that myself :) )

DazzyD
19-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I agree with Simon. There are a number of budget DJ software players out there and some are really quite basic but do the job of playing music perfectly.

The packages I use, VirtualDJ and Traktor, are simply personal preferences because I want more than basic players. As long as it does what it says on the tin then it's down to personal preference, really.

weekender45
19-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Having had a look and read through, it certailnly seems to tick all the basic boxes and more to be fair.

If it does what you require then there's no need to splash out on a 'higher end' DJ Software just because it has the name 'Traktor', 'Serato', 'VDJ', PCDJ' etc etc

The rokit software says it's also fully mapable with the MIDI learn function. It looks like a decent budget option to me.

I'd 'try before you buy' and download the free trial version and have a play to see if you're comfortable with it. (I might just do that myself :) )

Yes im familiar with OTSav, the main thing for me is the ability to create a playlist and the smooth seamless transition from one track to the next.
I also understand with OTS that it has an audio processor, but I dont really know how important this is.

funkymook
19-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes im familiar with OTSav, the main thing for me is the ability to create a playlist and the smooth seamless transition from one track to the next.
I also understand with OTS that it has an audio processor, but I dont really know how important this is.

Most will do that without any trouble - that's pretty much all I need from mine as well. For me the deciding factor was getting a programme that natively supported my controller so it was just plug and play rather than having to manually midi-map it, seems like a simple exercise on paper until you start actually doing it!

flatliners
19-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Not used the program but if you want a program that really works try sam party dj

weekender45
19-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Not used the program but if you want a program that really works try sam party dj

Wow another one, there seem to be so many

http://www.spacialaudio.com/?page=sam-party-dj

I will give this ago

Daryll
19-05-2011, 10:11 PM
I started out on SAM , ugly interface , but it works very well.

Daryll

simonp
20-05-2011, 08:32 AM
I started out on SAM , ugly interface ,
Daryll

you're not kidding either sheesh.

looks like it would be a bugger to map as well

DazzyD
20-05-2011, 09:21 AM
SAM is a really good playout program especially for background music.

BEWARE, though. Don't try to playout with the trial version as it keeps dropping adverts in every few songs. Make sure you pay for it and these messages go away. Simples! ;)

I never used it with a controller so I've no idea about mapping it!

Daryll
20-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Just to throw another spanner in the works :D

http://www.ultramixer.com/ , this is the one I use , granted , is has not got all the bells and whistles of the big dj programs , but , it does exactly what I need it to do , also available for mac and Linux , there is a cross platform version.

Daryll

cosmicdiscos
21-05-2011, 03:18 PM
i've used Sam for 4 years now, for me the only bad thing is the way you have to load songs into it.
brilliant bit of kit....never missed a beat!!