PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Indian Music

DiscoMagic
22-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi all - just arrived at a venue for a corperate function and have been advised that they want a third of indian music by the hotel staff...

Can some one give me some idea's

(isn't great when they thrust things on you like this??? !!!)

Corabar Steve
22-05-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.mastermixdigital.com/download/album/not-specified-mastermix-bhangra-mg00343563.aspx

Hope this helps, although it mystifies me how a client can drop a requirement like that on you at the last minute & expect you to carry it off!

DiscoMagic
22-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks Steve - you are a life saver!!!

No i don't know either.... however I've done loads of gigs for this particular hotel and whilst it a great venue, the staff don't really value the DJ... EG... They are always trying to cust costs and get cheaper ones in whilst trying to drive my mate down on his charges (i'm covering him tonight...)

So I expect that they will think that I have every tune under the sun in my database :)

James
22-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Maybe because of the name 'disco magic' they think you're a magician and can pull out 2 hours worth of indian music from a hat

Sorry i can't help, i know nothing about indian music, good luck with the gig though

DiscoMagic
22-05-2011, 06:42 PM
ha :lol:

actually everyone has arrived pretty much and there are only 10 indian people so I will use what bangra I have and download steve's mastermix as a back :)... the rest is party music and cheese as per their request !

12.30 finish for a sunday night tho and work tomorrow - oh joy!!!

Paul The Party Dj
23-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I look forward to hearing how this went - hope it was a good night.

Surely asking for "Indian music" is like asking for "English music" - it's quite a big area to hit the bullseye.