PDA

View Full Version : Whats it worth...to sell or not to sell :o

Dynamic Entertainment
22-05-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm considering parting with my Mackie speakers.

These arnt your usual SM range, these are the SR153Z... http://www.djkit.com/mackie/mackie-sr1530z-active-speaker.html

Its a love/hate thing with them...I love the sound about them but they are huge (thats the hate bit).

Retailed at £1300ish new, but now discontinued. Theyve only been gigged a dozen times, never been hammered and have a couple of cosmetic scrapes (not on the grills).

Like i said, I'm only considering getting rid of them right now, but wondering what the general rule of thumb was on second hand value.

Thanks

Steve

Digital Jack
22-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I've seen them sell on a well known auction website for between £330 (with a blown midrange or tweeter / can't remember which) and £420.
That's EACH by the way.

Dynamic Entertainment
22-05-2011, 11:26 PM
I've seen them sell on a well known auction website for between £330 (with a blown midrange or tweeter / can't remember which) and £420.
That's EACH by the way.

Sounds good...but I'm limited in my ebay market because they are so big it would have to be collection only...and my location isnt exactly central to anywhere other than the irish sea ;)

Digital Jack
22-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Hmm , you've sort of kicked yourself up the bum then don't you think !
You could always keep them as back up units , or chain them together at a place where you regularly work (if you have a regular spot anywhere) - that way you wont have to lug them about AND they would be almost impossible to steal when secured to one another....

Dynamic Entertainment
22-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Hmm , you've sort of kicked yourself up the bum then don't you think !
You could always keep them as back up units , or chain them together at a place where you regularly work (if you have a regular spot anywhere) - that way you wont have to lug them about AND they would be almost impossible to steal when secured to one another....

Lol...all my regular (ish) work has their own sound system. These were bought for a specific job thats now not really needed. I really do like the sound of them, but you know... ;)

Digital Jack
23-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Boys and their toys..............

Keep them , you'll need them one day (for a big open air party).
And in the meantime - if someone asks you if you know anyone that has a pukka pair of active speakers for sale - you know a man who has....

You could even advertise them as being available for hire maybe ??

Dynamic Entertainment
23-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Boys and their toys..............

Keep them , you'll need them one day (for a big open air party).
And in the meantime - if someone asks you if you know anyone that has a pukka pair of active speakers for sale - you know a man who has....

You could even advertise them as being available for hire maybe ??

Aye...theyve been going out on hire to DJ friends (pub/club)who have been doing the odd private party...but they are so bloody big, Ive got to deliver them. :eek:

Digital Jack
23-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Change your terms to collect and return only LOL

Dynamic Entertainment
23-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Change your terms to collect and return only LOL

Lol....you can just imagine the look on the guys face when he rocks up to collect them in a Fiesta :D

Digital Jack
23-05-2011, 12:16 AM
Well , if the guy with the Fiesta want them (and they are excellent speakers) he will find a way to transport them wont he.
Even if he was to hire / borrow a van.............
Unless you charge extra for delivery ....Make it worth your while - and your spines while....

Vectis
23-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Steve

I once sold a pair of £80 speakers ... and the buyer wanted them so bad he got on a ferry AND drove about 2hours each way on the other side.

Advertise them at a keen price, say £50 off optimum with the "must collect, no couriers" clause and see who bites :)

Pe7e
23-05-2011, 08:17 AM
If you put them on ebay you could expect £500 - £600, maybe a bit more on a good day, and people will travel to collect when they're buying them. Shame they're not SA1521s, I'd have made you a decent offer on a set of those. You could always contact other mobile DJs in your area and let them know they're available for hire at 'trade rates', when they get a big gig and need the extra power, it works well for me.