PDA

View Full Version : One Customer well and truly educated

STEVE HANLEY
24-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Last December ish. A woman who works behind the counter at my local Barclays bank where my personal and AAA Disco accounts are held.

Asked me if I could quote for her sons wedding in June this year to be held at (see link)

http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/xvudm-durham-marriott-hotel-royal-county/?clusterCode=MW1

I quoted her a decent price. (A lot less than what I charge now) A few weeks passed by and I'd heard nixie from her. So when I went back to the bank I asked her about my quote. To which she replied "Oh my sons got a friend of a friend who's going to do it for £50.00. How I kept a straight face I'll never know. "Oh well I hope everything goes well with that one for you" says I and left it at that for a while.

A week later Marys paying some booking fees into the bank. When the woman asks "Do you know what P.A.T. and PLI are?" Yes says Mary and she promptly went on to explain.

Fast forward to Friday just gone and I'm in the bank paying some booking fees in. When I ask about the forthcoming nuptials and the the guy who was doing it for £50.00 and I said It would cost him 3 times that amount just to get the PAT/PLI.

I must have planted a seed. Cos I gets a phone call Saturday afternoon asking if I was available to do the wedding. As it transpires the guy hasn't got said certificates, We already have an engagement on that night, but Marys doing that and I'm doing the wedding......RESULT.

If only they could all be like that ;) :D :D :D

chrisj
24-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Nice one Steve, 'That's the way to do it'.

ppentertainments
24-05-2011, 08:58 PM
If it is same guy who phoned me, I will warn you he has done the rounds and sounds a plonker, he tried to tell me about his first DJ and has said he found someone who will do it for £180. Unbelievable for said venue as it is a bit of a nightmare (I and a lot of other DJ's charge an additional fee for setup).

Hope it is a different guy but just it is the first enquiry I have had for the place in over a year and the enquiry was for June (25th ???)

Hope it is a great gig for you, but hope you have done your homework on the venue - nightmare setup and decent sound needed.

DazzyD
25-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Nice one, Steve!

If it is same guy who phoned me, I will warn you he has done the rounds and sounds a plonker, he tried to tell me about his first DJ and has said he found someone who will do it for £180. Unbelievable for said venue as it is a bit of a nightmare (I and a lot of other DJ's charge an additional fee for setup).

Hope it is a different guy but just it is the first enquiry I have had for the place in over a year and the enquiry was for June (25th ???)

Hope it is a great gig for you, but hope you have done your homework on the venue - nightmare setup and decent sound needed.

I was thinking that was the venue I've done several wedding fayres at and the load in wasn't too bad if you go round the side (from the front it's a nightmare). But then I started thinking. It could be the Three Tuns Hotel next to it where I did the fayres. You know, all this thinking has made my head hurt!:daft: