PDA

View Full Version : Denon HD-2500 NO HDD CHECK HDD Solved

Twinspin
29-05-2011, 11:14 AM
My Denon HD-2500 has had this problem and ive managed to fix it.

Tools required

Denon Music Manager

http://www.denondj.com/firmware.aspx?ProductId=80

FAT32 Format:

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

Step 1. Link your HD2500 to your computer with a USB Cable then press the red source button and select from that menu PC.

Step 2. Go to my computer on your pc there should be an external hardisk showing there thats looks like its corrupted so you will need to format it.

Format directly to FAT32

Step 1 - Install FAT32 Format and then select the denon internal hardisk. then format it if the drive shows up in there. Mine didnt.

If the drive doesnt show. I did it this way.

Step 1 Go to Start, Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management/ Disk Management

Step 2 Look for the internal denon hardisk in there. If it doesnt show then the hardisk will probably need replacing. Mine did show up here as a volume that was not working so i right clicked on the drive and deleted the volume.
so it shows unallocated space.

Step 3. I formatted the drive to NTFS to get it working again in windows and showing up in the FAT32 format tool.

Step 4. Format it back to FAT32 using the tool.

copy your music back onto the drive and then select the drive in denon music manager create a new database and it should be job done.

Mine is working properly now ive had music running off the internal drive. I run it for about 3 hours or so

Fullforceeventsltd
30-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Nice one John. Glad you sorted it.

Twinspin
30-05-2011, 10:23 AM
I didnt actually solve the problem in the end.

I got to last nights gig to be faced with it yet again. So im not entirely sure whats going on. But i formatted the drive and had it working on sat. I run music off the internal drive for about 3 hours.

It didnt stop me doing last nights gig properly though. As my dj music is on an external hardisk.

But im not considering a replacement primary playout system that will be using mp3 still. Probably the HC4500 now. I did originally think about going for the MC6000 but im not too sure about having a controller and a mixer all in one unit.

CRAZY K
30-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I didnt actually solve the problem in the end.

I got to last nights gig to be faced with it yet again. So im not entirely sure whats going on. But i formatted the drive and had it working on sat. I run music off the internal drive for about 3 hours.

It didnt stop me doing last nights gig properly though. As my dj music is on an external hardisk.

But im not considering a replacement primary playout system that will be using mp3 still. Probably the HC4500 now. I did originally think about going for the MC6000 but im not too sure about having a controller and a mixer all in one unit.

Depending on your level of sophistication ( I have none at all ) just having a simple fool proof playout is kids play with the Cortex 1000--and now with an ipod to supply the MP3s even;)

Glad I dont have to worry about all this stuff--theres a man with a plan near you who has such a machine==Peter;) or something similar.

Excalibur
31-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Glad I dont have to worry about all this stuff--theres a man with a plan near you who has such a machine==Peter;) or something similar.

He also saw the Denon do its party trick of misbehaving live as it happened. ;) I'm not totally convinced that the fault lay totally with the Denon, as I had the laptop running as backup ( stuff carrying all those shiny things in!! ) with VDJ, and it tried to sync every track up, despite not being asked to!! Since this happened at virtually the same time, I wonder if there was something funny occurring with the power. :confused:

yourdj
31-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm not totally convinced that the fault lay totally with the Denon

I have had the same problem and allot of other people have (most of which luckily not mid gig) so I think it is definitely an issue with the way it is built. I bought Serato scratch after that happened and used it as a controller just incase.

I doubt they could care as they have moved on to controllers and it will probably be obsolete in a few years.

:)

Twinspin
02-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Im definetely looking at a controller probably the hc4500 and virtual dj 7 on my Sony Vaio laptop.

im still thinking what to do. Because im not entirely sure about the denon mc6000 having a mixer and controller in the same unit. I think id prefer to still use my denon x500 and have a controller seperate

yourdj
02-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Use the Denon as a controller with serator or Traktor sctratch.
all you have to do is burn the timecodes to mp3 and use them as a track.

I did this and it was excellent. All you need is a little box and your existing system. You can use the denon as back up if the laptop crashes. it also bypasses the harddrive as the tracks can be stored on pen drives.

Not sure if there is a version for VDJ?

personally I think your better off selling the whole lot and getting a pioneer, vestax or denon all in one controller. You will not be disappointed. Much less crap too carry about too.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Im definetely looking at a controller probably the hc4500 and virtual dj 7 on my Sony Vaio laptop.

im still thinking what to do. Because im not entirely sure about the denon mc6000 having a mixer and controller in the same unit. I think id prefer to still use my denon x500 and have a controller seperate

Because?

You do know that if the software crashes, you can still use the MC6000 as a hardware mixer with any other sources you have plugged in?