PDA

View Full Version : MC6000, Installing drivers

MikeW
04-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Guys
After setting up and installing my Dennon MC6000 on my disco laptop successfully, I tried to set it all up on my backup laptop. The laptop recognised the new software ok, but I could not get the cd disc to run and was not able to install the drivers on my spare laptop.
Anyone know why? I take it you are allowed to install on two laptops?
How did everyone else get on?

Thanks in advance

Mike

ian8limelight
04-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Sorry Mike, I can't help you with this one as I'm only using the one laptop at the moment.

Mark Wild
05-06-2011, 01:54 AM
If you expand on this a little bit Mike I might be able to help you, I don't quite get your problem, the Denon drivers should work on unlimited machines, any error messages? Problem with the disk drive on your backup lappy?

MikeW
05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Sorry Mike, I can't help you with this one as I'm only using the one laptop at the moment.
Thanks anyway

If you expand on this a little bit Mike I might be able to help you, I don't quite get your problem, the Denon drivers should work on unlimited machines, any error messages? Problem with the disk drive on your backup lappy?

Thanks Mark. It is really straight forward (or should be!) I installed the drivers (via the disc provided) on my main laptop. I then went to do the same with my back up laptop, put the disc in and my back up laptop could not seem to read or recognise the disc. The disc could not be found and therfore was not able to start the process.
The only thing i can think of, is that my spare laptop is over five years old, but is still running VDJ etc.

MikeW
05-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Update: Just downloaded the drivers from the internet to a flash drive stick and installed on spare laptop, but now getting an error message saying drivers not installed properly or not recognised.
Again it may be down to the age of my laptop?

Mark Wild
05-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I seem to remember one of the guys on the Denon forums being told only to use the drivers on the disc that came with the unit, does your laptop read other discs o.k? What software (and version) are you using with the MC6000?

MikeW
05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I seem to remember one of the guys on the Denon forums being told only to use the drivers on the disc that came with the unit, does your laptop read other discs o.k? What software (and version) are you using with the MC6000?

The laptop does read other discs ok.
I am using VDJ version 7.

As I said, it may be the age of the laptop and as it is for backup I may need to replace it. I like Darrens idea of using an Ipad with VDJ on it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-06-2011, 11:39 AM
The laptop does read other discs ok.
I am using VDJ version 7.

As I said, it may be the age of the laptop and as it is for backup I may need to replace it. I like Darrens idea of using an Ipad with VDJ on it.

You can't use VDJ on an Ipad - only the remote application. I use D-Jay on the Ipad as a back up of a back up!

I have VDJ and use the MC6000 on a netbook with XP and never installed anything from the disc.

Excalibur
05-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I have VDJ and use the MC6000 on a netbook with XP and never installed anything from the disc.

Right, so having read that, here's the silly question.
Mike, have you tried running the backup laptop with the MC6000, and if so, did it work?

Mark Wild
05-06-2011, 11:52 AM

So how did you get the Denon ASIO drivers onto it? :confused:

MikeW
05-06-2011, 11:57 AM
You can't use VDJ on an Ipad - only the remote application. I use D-Jay on the Ipad as a back up of a back up!

Thanks for that Darren

Right, so having read that, here's the silly question.
Mike, have you tried running the backup laptop with the MC6000, and if so, did it work?

No it doesn't work, it needs the drivers installed :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-06-2011, 02:16 PM
So how did you get the Denon ASIO drivers onto it? :confused:

Not from the disc! :muppet:

The netbook doesn't have a CD-Rom. :D

Excalibur
05-06-2011, 02:23 PM

I have been told that before. However, assuming that it has a USB port, you could have used an external one.

Mark Wild
05-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I'd say there's no issue with the Denon end of things here, just your laptop is kak :) :D :p

Alright smart arse.....:D

Excalibur
05-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Alright smart arse.....:D
Err, see above, Sonny. ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I have been told that before. However, assuming that it has a USB port, you could have used an external one.

I could have done, but didn't need to as I used a USB drive.

Sheesh...

Mark Wild
05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Err, see above, Sonny. ;)

Chill winston ;)

Excalibur
05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I could have done, but didn't need to as I used a USB drive.

Sheesh...

I know you didn't do it that way.;) I simply wished to point out that the lack of a CD drive is no hindrance to using a CD. My Cortex doesn't have a CD drive, but I can still play CD's with it. ;) :D :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I know you didn't do it that way.;) I simply wished to point out that the lack of a CD drive is no hindrance to using a CD.

Yes, and I was having a little joke with Marky which you appeared to have missed. ;)

Mark Wild
05-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I know you didn't do it that way.;) I simply wished to point out that the lack of a CD drive is no hindrance to using a CD. My Cortex doesn't have a CD drive, but I can still play CD's with it. ;) :D :D :D :D

You don't use the MC6000 so buzz off compo !

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-06-2011, 02:47 PM
You don't use the MC6000 so buzz off compo !

LMAO!

Compo....:lol:

MikeW
07-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Quick update: The reason the drivers wouldn't work on my spare laptop was.........I downloaded the wrong version:daft: I have downloaded the correct version for my laptop and all is working ok.
Thanks again everyone for your help.