PDA

View Full Version : Unacceptable behaviour

Andy Goodtimes
08-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Dunno if this will be allowed as I appreciate there are forum rules about decency and so on but I do think this is an issue that could effect all of us in our jobs. I’ll just keep it factual and think you will understand what happened.

I had a Civil Partnership last week-end that was very difficult to do and keep quiet as it was obscene, before I go any further I must say that I would have found it obscene regardless of if it was a mixed couple or same sex couple.

The room was packed and there were children of all ages there too. The two girls concerned were both very nice girls to talk to and one wouldn’t have dreamed that they would behave so badly…even after a few drinks. They were very sexual towards each other and they got worse as people were watching them, it was gradually getting worse as the evening went on. I felt like switching off and packing up and going home. I put a mix on and went out for a fag and to calm down for about 10 minutes and then carried on playing music and doing what I had to do for the last half hour or so.

No way am I against gay people, I would have been just as offended if it were a man and woman and I seriously felt like finishing it there and then and it was very difficult to carry on working for them without spoiling it even though in my opinion they had already spoilt it.

Steve Cheese
08-06-2011, 04:09 AM
....with families and children there? Disgraceful! I'm surprised that no-one stopped them.

Shaun
08-06-2011, 06:39 AM
I don't think descriptions of what they were doing has any place on a family friendly forum. I know you worded it carefully Andy but you still worded it in a way that left little doubt what they were actually doing - so I've removed those parts. I hope you understand.

DeckstarDeluxe
08-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Dangerous ground really but ive been in what sounds like a similar position. Hard for me to word a reply without something being taken out of context.

ppentertainments
08-06-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't think descriptions of what they were doing has any place on a family friendly forum. I know you worded it carefully Andy but you still worded it in a way that left little doubt what they were actually doing - so I've removed those parts. I hope you understand.
Spoilsport :D :D

Steve the DJ
08-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Any pictures?

Corabar Steve
08-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Behave

Ecstatic Events
08-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Any pictures?

Ha ha.

It must of been pretty bad if you felt like packing up.

If children were present, it's completely unacceptable. Disgraceful.

It would take alot for me to even consider throwing in the towel, I have been DJing previously when a couple have taken it as far as you could imagine ;)

Steve the DJ
08-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Behave

:evelgrin:

Seriously though, not good, especially with kids around.

Vectis
08-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I put a mix on and went out for a fag

Oh really ;) :D

Was the choice of music exacerbating the situation in any way? Were you chucking out grinding R&B or Barry White (tongue-in-cheek).

Could a change of style or tempo have helped the situation?

At the end of the day, the DJ isn't responsible for anyone's behaviour. I can see how you may have considered their actions offensive, but was this view shared by the majority? If so, they wouldn't have hung around, surely?

(sorry... lots of questions!)

DJ Paulie
08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Pics or it didn't happen ! Sorry seriously people have too much alcohol & decentcy tends to go out the window. I did a party for a gay male couple & there wasn't anything a straight couple wouldn't do. Just goes to show everyone is the same straight or gay.

Well done for sticking it out though. (oooer !)

Mark Wild
08-06-2011, 09:49 AM
I had a wedding a few weeks back and the best man was in the army, he must have invited a few of his mates and the four of them kept play wrestling on the dance floor. It got quite rough at some points, tbh I thought they were making themselves look like right plonkers, as if they were expected to act that way, the odd uncomfortable smile passed their way from members of the family, weird.

Andy Goodtimes
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Vectis; dunno really how to answer you, not quite got the messure of this forum's moderating yet. I do appreciate though that with it being accessable to all it does have to be decent.

Most of the people in the room were behind the couple and about 1/3 of them were egging them on by cheering and clapping. Unllike a lot of Civil Partnerships there were a fair few older generations there too, inc. both sets of parents who were behind them both and the relationship.

It was a pretty wide range of music but at the particular time when it got beyond the point that anyone would consider decent I was playing chasing Cars which was requested by both the new partners.

Dunno about anyone else but if it was a mixed sex couple I would have felt more comfortable about doing or saying something to stop it. I have a friend who is a Police Woman and she's says she is always very careful before stopping someone who is gay, black or asian and I know how she feels.

When I went out I didn't neglect the party, I played the MoS mix that has stuff like Black box, Robin S etc on and it was only for about 10 minutes and the floor was packed.

weekender45
10-06-2011, 03:05 PM
, it was gradually getting worse as the evening went on. I felt like switching off and packing up and going home. I put a mix on and went out for a fag and to calm down for about 10 minutes and then carried on playing music and doing what I had to do for the last half hour or so.

Smile - Your on candid camera!!

BeerFunk
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
In my experience, I have found gay men to be more open than gay women, in terms of public affection, so this does surprise me.

There was a gay guy in the department I used to work in who got away with murder, in terms of making really crude comments, simulating sexual acts and so on, which I'm sure a straight man would never get away with in an environment which contains mainly women.

As has been mentioned, you can't say or do anything these days, as you will be accused of prejudice.

Andy Goodtimes
10-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Must admit I have done a few Male ones that I personally have found offensive although they were no where near as bad as these two girls, most of the female ones I have done have been fairly discrete in terms of such public displays.

Kernow
11-06-2011, 06:55 PM
At the end of the day, the DJ isn't responsible for anyone's behaviour. I can see how you may have considered their actions offensive, but was this view shared by the majority?

Most of the people in the room were behind the couple and about 1/3 of them were egging them on by cheering and clapping.

At the end of the day we are there to entertain, not to judge people on their morals !. As long as it's not jeapordizing you or your gear (and you're not being forced to participate ;) ), I don't see the problem.
Just keep the music going and avert your eyes if you feel the need ? :)

Andy Goodtimes
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Well unfortunately I can't say exactly what they were doing but I believe they could have been arested for it.

Kernow
12-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Well unfortunately I can't say exactly what they were doing but I believe they could have been arested for it.

Pay a quid a month and you could ;) :)

OllieJames
14-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Any pictures?

Behave

Oh, how I love this forum! haha!

Sounds interesting to say the least...

James
14-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I think a few are missing the point, it doesnt matter that theyre gay, its their conduct that matters

The fact that theyre gay is irrelevant

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I think a few are missing the point, it doesnt matter that theyre gay, its their conduct that matters

The fact that theyre gay is irrelevant

Who do you think has said anything different then James?

James
14-06-2011, 06:15 PM
A few in ther first page

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-06-2011, 06:18 PM
A few in ther first page

I can't see any posts that say anything about the fact they are gay, only the fact that they should know how to behave.

James
14-06-2011, 06:19 PM
i dunno then, maybe i'm reading it wrong