PDA

View Full Version : Media Monkey is making a monkey of my media

funkymook
08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
After reading glowing reports on here about Media Monkey I decided to install it on my laptop (just stripped it and reinstalled the OS - it's going to be my back-up machine and I wanted it as clean as possible).

Just tried adding a few albums and can't work out how to deal with the tagging for compilations. I get the song title and artist in the Title Field and Various Artists in the Artist Field. Tried every combination of re-tagging that I can see but can't seem to find a way around it apart from manually amending each track (which would take me ages!).

Any suggestions before I go back to iTunes?

discomobiledj
08-06-2011, 05:07 PM
What version are you using? 3.2.4 or have you jumped to V4?

discomobiledj
08-06-2011, 05:09 PM
You should just be able to right click on the folder in the left hand panel and click on "AUTO TAG FROM WEB"

funkymook
08-06-2011, 05:24 PM
What version are you using? 3.2.4 or have you jumped to V4?

Version 3.2.5

You should just be able to right click on the folder in the left hand panel and click on "AUTO TAG FROM WEB"

Tried that and so far it's coming up with different compilations from the one I'm adding - and when I find the right one it still formats it as:

Track Title: Dobie Gary/The In Crowd
Artist: Various

I'm sure I just need to reformat how it reads the file name to populate those fields, but just can't work it out.