PDA

View Full Version : Well i've gone and did it

Candybeatdiscos
09-09-2006, 12:56 AM
I quit my local residency tonight, usually do Karaoke in dunfermline at local, they asked me at the start how much i charged, i said usually £150, but said i would do it for £120 for them, they asked if they could get it at £100 for first 4 weeks as trade was very slow - i agreed

5 weeks later they came back to me and were preaching that they were at bankrupcys door and asked if they could drop it to £60 until they got on thier feet - i said yes but if other bookings came in then i would end up taking them and they would need to find alternative entertainment, that lasted a few weeks till i got fed up and made up some excuses that i couldn't do this weekend or that weekend etc due to bookings (out of 5 weekends that i took off only 1 was for a proper bookiing) anyhow i found out that whilst i took those nights off they booked someone who charged them £140 and they paid in full...so i went in tonight and said I am sorry but not doing karaoke no more as i dont like to be taken advantage off - and i explained why i felt like this.
i did the karaoke as i had only decided this tonight as such

Has this happened to anyone else?

Also I have now decided to give up karaoke altogether - i am gonna tick to Disco's - no money in Karaoke anymore eh...

Have a disco
09-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Im much the same I only do Karaoke disco's now one balances the other and I get more money as well for both on the same night Karaoke is very dead here as well mate wait till the non smoking really kicks in here that will be its death

Nathan Fleming
09-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Sounds like they took advantage of your good nature you are better of out of there.

Chances are they will try it on with the new bloke also, did you have a chat with the new guy and explain their tactics he might not be so intersted in the work if he knows they are like that.

Candybeatdiscos
09-09-2006, 01:11 AM
yeah well it was a woman rather than a man, and they had her before me but wanted rid as customers complained that she sang all the time and did not give people a chance or create a good atmosphere, where as before i went into business for myself i did the karaoke last year for a few months on the side but decided to leave just before xmas - the smoking ban is already here and tell you the truth its killed the wee local pubs...they only had 2 people in tonight till 11.30 when it went up to 12 people...last year when i did it it was about 80-90 people easy - but the pub has been closing at 9.30 most nights

Shaun
09-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Sounds like you'll be better off without them Garry, give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Onwards and upwards my friend.

ian8limelight
09-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Sounds like they're trying to take the Michael out of a genuine professional. Hope it all works out.