PDA

View Full Version : MC 6000- Virtual DJ users

Spirits High
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Within the next few weeks I'll be making the change from HD2500 to MC6000 via VDJ.

In preparation I've been watching 'ooodles of Youtube videos, reading online reviews etc.

Just wanted to ask those that use it now if there's any tips or anything I need to look out for etc.

VDJ will be running off a windows 7 laptop on a Toshiba C660 with 2gb RAM and a intel iCore 3 processor, 320gb HD which should be more than sufficent.

At the moment I'm using external HD's for the 2500. Is better to stay with this or use the laptops HD?

I think I've covered all the bases so to speak just after any tips, tricks or advice ;)

Booche
09-06-2011, 01:29 PM
No idea about the MC 6000

But i'd stay away with loading the laptop with files due to putting loads on will slow your laptop down and also could cause more hassle then it's worth (for me anyway) ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I've always used internal drives and have never had a problem with speed or loading and this includes music videos.

sweetie
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM

But i'd stay away with loading the laptop with files due to putting loads on will slow your laptop down and also could cause more hassle then it's worth (for me anyway) ;)

surely the opposite (having your files on ext hd) is going to be more resource intensive on a laptop

Booche
09-06-2011, 02:09 PM
surely the opposite (having your files on ext hd) is going to be more resource intensive on a laptop

Depends on the processor as if you put loads on your internal then its loading the machine and making it work harder. Yet if you have nothing on you internal then its not under as much stress so it's able to read the external alot better.

DeckstarDeluxe
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM

Sorry Dave but thats rubbish. I've got my entire music collection on my lappy and using the mc6000 quite happily. No lag and smooth as butter.

Ive had mine running for an hour or so Paul had a slight issue getting VDJ to spot it was connected to a controller as well as a laptop. Playing with settings as we speak though.

Booche
09-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Well mine used to slow down and so did my old pc once you start putting loads of things on it.

Might be just me then lol

Spirits High
09-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Sorry Dave but thats rubbish. I've got my entire music collection on my lappy and using the mc6000 quite happily. No lag and smooth as butter.

Ive had mine running for an hour or so Paul had a slight issue getting VDJ to spot it was connected to a controller as well as a laptop. Playing with settings as we speak though.

Cheers Neil, I'll bear that in mind, how big's your HD on the lappy? ;)

Part one is complete ie: I've just gone and got the new laptop, hopefully it'll be playtime this time next week :D

DeckstarDeluxe
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
250gb with 129gb free. I use it purely for gigging however but plenty of free space. Windows 7 with 3gb ram and 2.1 ghz processor :)

Spirits High
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
250gb with 129gb free. I use it purely for gigging however but plenty of free space. Windows 7 with 3gb ram and 2.1 ghz processor :)

Ah I see, the external HD I'm currently using is a 500gb with 165gb free so won't be going internal then :daft:

Lookslike I'll be staying external then.

Something I just thought of do the files have to a have database created or is just a plug & play with VDJ?

Mark Wild
09-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Something I just thought of do the files have to a have database created or is just a plug & play with VDJ?

Right click the drive you want to database (on the left within the software) and click "Add to search DB" then these tracks are available on your search.

Spirits High
09-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Right click the drive you want to database and click "Add to search DB" then these tracks are available on your search.

Thanks Mark ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Then when you add new tracks, right click and recurse and then add to search database.

Spirits High
09-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Then when you add new tracks, right click and recurse and then add to search database.

and thank you Darren ;)