PDA

View Full Version : *Unknown Light*

Harrison's Discos
09-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Now I hope someone can help me out here. :teeth:
Recently I have remembered that there is a very big light which hangs on the cieling and has many mirrors going around it on the outside, a bit like numbers on a clock face. The light can produce some fantastic effects, similar to modern type mirror DMX lighting, but the mirror can only move about 130 degress up and down. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say:teeth: If anyone knows of this light, please let me know, as I would like to see if what company manufactures it, and if they still make it anymore :teeth:

abyssdjhire
09-09-2006, 03:39 AM
theres numerous lights like that, but without a picture i couldnt be exact... im assuming its quite old.

robe, futurelight, and many others make them, they are classed as a centerpiece fixture.

http://www.robe.cz/images/products/dominator1200xt.jpg robe dominator 1200xt

http://www.futurelight.com/jpg/artikel/001/51832625.jpg futurelight centerpiece 1200

etc

dj_ags
09-09-2006, 08:45 AM
They are more for installations Harrison rather than use on a mobile disco :)

abyssdjhire
09-09-2006, 10:24 AM
correct. big, heavy, and far too bright. both of the above take 1200w discharge lamps

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-09-2006, 01:50 PM
There's also an older light called a Coemar Comet which is the same sort of shape too.

thatblokewiththelaser
10-09-2006, 02:59 AM
there is one called a helius as well cant remeber who makes it though, not something you wanna even think of gigging with!!!!!

Harrison's Discos
10-09-2006, 04:16 PM
there is one called a helius as well cant remeber who makes it though, not something you wanna even think of gigging with!!!!!

Thanks so much for your help guys :teeth: I'm a little :embarasse because I completely forgot about writing this question, how silly :teeth:
Can anyone recommend any website which may show the older version as Solitaire Entertainments suggested? :teeth:

DMX Will
10-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Thought you were a speaker fanactic anyway?

lightspeed
10-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Skytronic do a crazy ass big one! Plus it's pretty old and non-DMX

Clicky (http://www.skytronic.co.uk/product/product.php?s=152.603)

ShowTec do one also. Seems a little more sophisticated than the skytronic but can't say for sure!

Clicky (http://www.highlite.nl/index.php/highlite/products/showtec/lighteffects/center_effects/navigator)

And DFB sell it here:

Clicky (http://ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=19192)

Hope this is of use! :) - Chris

Harrison's Discos
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Thought you were a speaker fanactic anyway?
I am but I also like Lighting, as is on my profile :teeth: (you might want to read your inbox will :) )

Thanks Lightspeed :)
Thats the light I was going on about all along :omg: :teeth:

lightspeed
10-09-2006, 06:58 PM
thanks Lightspeed :)
Thats the light I was going on about all along :omg: :teeth:

Lol! But beware, this thing is just over a metre in diameter, and weighs in at a whopping 45Kgs!! :omg:

- Chris

Harrison's Discos
10-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Lol! But beware, this thing is just over a metre in diameter, and weighs in at a whopping 45Kgs!! :omg:

- Chris
So I saw :omg: :teeth: It doesnt however state how much it costs, but I bet its a bomb!

lightspeed
10-09-2006, 07:04 PM
DFB (http://ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6003) do it also. £400! But the showTec is double that! That's why I think it'll be more sophisticated. Just out of curiosity, what you want this beast for anyway? :eek: :teeth:

- Chris

abyssdjhire
10-09-2006, 07:06 PM
simple answer is you wouldnt want it :) robe's dominator centerpiece is over £2k.

Harrison's Discos
10-09-2006, 07:08 PM
DFB (http://ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6003) do it also. £400! But the showTec is double that! That's why I think it'll be more sophisticated. Just out of curiosity, what you want this beast for anyway? :eek: :teeth:

- Chris
To be very ohnest, I wouldnt really want it :teeth: Its just I saw it in a 'haven holiday' park when I was about 7 and it had been stuck in my mysterious mind ever since :) I just wanted to find out what it was called and how much it cost, maybe when I have a job, I will start my own caboray business up :teeth: :omg: who knows...

lightspeed
10-09-2006, 07:10 PM
maybe when I have a job, I will start my own caboray business up :teeth: :omg: who knows...

Caboray? Who's he? :D

P.S. Think you're looking for "cabaret"! :teeth:

Harrison's Discos
10-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Caboray? Who's he? :D

P.S. Think you're looking for "cabaret"! :teeth:

Yes you are correct :teeth: :embarasse

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Here's the Coemar Comet.

I sold one last year for a collegue and it went very cheaply....

Harrison's Discos
11-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Here's the Coemar Comet.

I sold one last year for a collegue and it went very cheaply....
Oh yeah :) , I saw that when you said the name of it earlier :teeth: I went hunting for it on the net.

Harrison's Discos
11-09-2006, 01:09 AM
This is the exact light that was being used at the haven holiday park when I was 7 lol. I kept staring at it :teeth:

Harrison's Discos
11-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Is my picture working by the way? :teeth:

lightspeed
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Lol yes it is! :teeth:

Darren, I've heard that the comets are really rare to buy now! am i right? lol!

- Chris

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Lol yes it is! :teeth:

Darren, I've heard that the comets are really rare to buy now! am i right? lol!

- Chris

I think they stopped making them a while ago.

the one I sold was over 2 grands worth and I sold it with flightcase (full flight) for a little over £300! :omg:

The case alone was worth that!

lightspeed
11-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Holy cr**, one went on french ebay for 4 and a half grand a few weeks back! :eek:

Harrison's Discos
11-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I think they stopped making them a while ago.

the one I sold was over 2 grands worth and I sold it with flightcase (full flight) for a little over £300! :omg:

The case alone was worth that!
I hope they still make it :sad: :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Holy cr**, one went on french ebay for 4 and a half grand a few weeks back! :eek:

I thought the guy I sold it for told me he paid £1800 - maybe it was £18,000 then?

Blimey!

Harrison's Discos
11-09-2006, 06:27 PM
By the way, does anyone know of a light that looks like an octopus ha! :teeth: Its just my mum told me for many years it used to be the 'main attraction' at the start of the night club. Apparently it used to move all these funny tenticle things around and moved down from the cieling, and when it rosed back up again, everyone was allowed to dance :) But one day it started to go down and started to smoke and someone shouted out 'Its on fire!' and then after that they didnt repair it :sad: They just scrapped it, never to be seen again :teeth: