PDA

View Full Version : Show Vision Video Curtain

Andy Goodtimes
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Anyone been using a Show Visioin Video Curtain regularly?

I got 3 shortly after they came out and they went round the AMPDJ meetings for review. thing is I have only used mine twice and of course they're still fine. I could do with 3 more as I have a regular use for them now and I'm wondering what they are like for things like wires cracking as they are being packed away and so on.

surround sounds
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Anyone been using a Show Visioin Video Curtain regularly?

I got 3 shortly after they came out and they went round the AMPDJ meetings for review. thing is I have only used mine twice and of course they're still fine. I could do with 3 more as I have a regular use for them now and I'm wondering what they are like for things like wires cracking as they are being packed away and so on.

Hi Andy
I also had mine when they first come out..I have got 3 large led curtains and 2 deckstand curtains(i am after another deckstand curtain).I use mine every week between 2 and 3 times and never had a problem,althou the grey controllers feel cheap..They still dmx together ok and my customers love them..

simonp
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I got the show vision video curtain (deck skirt version) when it came out and had to send it straight back. The 2nd time I used the replacement it went for a burton, but I managed to fix that the next day (a wire twisted inside meant the lights went to static after the first two rows). Apart from that I haven't had any problems (not that I use it week in week out mind), touch wood.

paulg
13-06-2011, 12:36 PM
I've been using them since they first came to the UK. The first one was hopeless. Very badly made. Took weeks to get a replacement via Madeffects but that's another story.

The newer ones are a little better. Our current one is over 12 months old and gets used 3 times a week maybe and so far whatever problems we've had have been resolved. You do get the occasional bad connection which can normally be sorted by a squeezing the connectors through the cloth. It only gets 4 folds to pack it away and that helps greatly with longevity. Pack it any smaller than that and I reckon you could get problems.

With hindsight, I don't think the product is ideal for mobile use - it just isn't strong enough.

surround sounds
13-06-2011, 01:08 PM
i disagree..As stated i use mine 3 times a week and i fold them in to a small suitcase so they are folded a number of times.I must of used them 200 times and still like new..I brought the one from a member on the forum and its been great although as stated grey controllers are not great but i asked for a new controller and 2 days later i recieved it and it seams a lot better made..