PDA

View Full Version : Splitter cable

MikeW
16-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi guys
Does anyone use a splitter cable for use on the Djay software on iPad?
Does it work ok?
Easy to set up?
Where did you purchase from?

Thanks in advance

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-06-2011, 06:03 PM
I didn't bother with the splitter - I bought a composite AV cable and if I needed to use headphones, then I used the headphone jack.

MikeW
16-06-2011, 09:06 PM
I didn't bother with the splitter - I bought a composite AV cable and if I needed to use headphones, then I used the headphone jack.

Thanks Darren. I am having a problem trying to work out how this would be set up, could you expand on your reply please.

Also I know a lot more guys on here use the Djay software, how does everyone else get on with it?

Megamix
16-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I've used DJAY software on a mac for nearly 3 years - very happy with it - it suits me, simple, reliable, and contains the features I need.

MikeW
17-06-2011, 06:23 AM
I've used DJAY software on a mac for nearly 3 years - very happy with it - it suits me, simple, reliable, and contains the features I need.

Thanks for that. When one track is playing, are you able to listen to and cue up the next track?

WWDJ
17-06-2011, 07:27 AM
I bought an Ipad 2 yesterday. Awesome bit of kit and I have of course downloaded Djay. At £5.99 vs nearly £200 for Traktor on the Mac it certainly is a bit of a bargain.

I assume Darren that you chose the AV cable because the audio quality from the 30 pin connector is generally higher than the headphone socket ?

Have you tried the split cueing via this method though because that is not how DJ think it works?

yourdj
17-06-2011, 07:43 AM
i have been looking at this on mac as it beats VDJ for simplicity and functions very well with Itunes. I would be interested to hear how you get on with the ipad.

I bought a netbook and Kam digi mini for back up but just cannot stand Windoze.
One minute one thing the next something else.
Would rather sell up and get an ipad or another mac.

WWDJ
17-06-2011, 07:56 AM
i have been looking at this on mac as it beats VDJ for simplicity and functions very well with Itunes. I would be interested to hear how you get on with the ipad.

I bought a netbook and Kam digi mini for back up but just cannot stand Windoze.
One minute one thing the next something else.
Would rather sell up and get an ipad or another mac.

For me it is going to provide 2nd or 3rd backup, so it is unlikely it will get used in a live environment and to be honest if you weren't trying to do anything flash and just crossfade your way through songs all night you could get away without the cue facility.

I plan to load around 1000 tracks on there which would enable me to do a party albeit with a limited selection. I would still have Itunes at my disposal over 3g if I really needed to get a particular track.

I take what you are saying about Windoze. It doesn't feel as 'slick', my backup is Windows too, but it is just that 'backup'. It works and has not been needed yet fortunately.

MikeW
17-06-2011, 09:14 AM
I bought an Ipad 2 yesterday. Awesome bit of kit and I have of course downloaded Djay. At £5.99 vs nearly £200 for Traktor on the Mac it certainly is a bit of a bargain.

I assume Darren that you chose the AV cable because the audio quality from the 30 pin connector is generally higher than the headphone socket ?

Have you tried the split cueing via this method though because that is not how DJ think it works?

I also bought an Ipad this week and I am really enjoying it. Never thought I would use it as much. It is really fast for checking emails, and will be used for client meetings, and also backup for the disco. The Djay software seems really good for the money.

Megamix
17-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for that. When one track is playing, are you able to listen to and cue up the next track?

Yes via the soundcard (Native Instruments Traktor Audio 2) I use - it gives me the option of Channel 1+2 for precueing and Channel 3-4 for playout.