PDA

View Full Version : MC6000 arrived EDIT- 3rd Question!

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 10:51 AM
As the MC6000 is now here please standby for a few questions :D

I've not connected anything yet, at this stage I'm actually reading the manual :eek:

Here's the first one:

I'm going to use VDJ but there's only an installation disc for Traktor. When it all get's plugged in will VDJ magically be there or do I need to download it from the VDJ site?

I'm sure they'll be more questions later but for once I'm taking my time and not just throwing caution to the wind and going for it ;)

Thanks in advance

2Groove
17-06-2011, 11:00 AM
The UK version comes with traktor LE, and VDJ for USA.

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 11:02 AM
The UK version comes with traktor LE, and VDJ for USA.

Oh!

So it's either Traktor or download VDJ from their site then :(

MikeW
17-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Oh!

So it's either Traktor or download VDJ from their site then :(

First of all congratulations:) Exciting times ahead.

I had VDJ already installed on my disco laptop, so it was just a case of plug and play, with a few tweaks here and there.

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 11:23 AM
First of all congratulations:) Exciting times ahead.

Indeed :D

I had VDJ already installed on my disco laptop, so it was just a case of plug and play, with a few tweaks here and there.

I'm coming from Denon 2500 to 6000 so will need some software then unless I go down the traktor route.

I did buy the DJ2Go the other day & have also downloaded the "Home" version.

I like the feel of VDJ and have checked out the virtual DJ site. Upgrading this get's me a price of £176 instead of £195 :eek: Bargain!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-06-2011, 11:28 AM
£ for £ VDJ is the best software if you want the ability to play music, video and karaoke.

I got the LE version of Traktor and had a play and quite liked it, but I am used to VDJ now.

Unlike other software, VDJ does free software upgrades too.

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 11:34 AM
£ for £ VDJ is the best software if you want the ability to play music, video and karaoke.

I got the LE version of Traktor and had a play and quite liked it, but I am used to VDJ now.

Unlike other software, VDJ does free software upgrades too.

Looks like I'll be downloading VDJ this afternoon then!

Excalibur
17-06-2011, 05:44 PM
As I've not connected anything yet, at this stage I'm actually reading the manual :eek:

As opposed to the time honoured" When all else fails, read the instructions". :p :D :D :D :D

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 05:49 PM
So far so good (ish)

Downloaded VDJ Pro took a while to set it up right but I think I've sussed it for now!

Put it this way sound is now coming out of the right places :D

Only 1 text so far to Neil but I'm sure they'll be more. going to gradually work my head into VDJ and look to take it out for it's first live gig in a couple of weeks.

Excalibur
17-06-2011, 06:03 PM
So far so good (ish)

Downloaded VDJ Pro took a while to set it up right but I think I've sussed it for now!

Put it this way sound is now coming out of the right places :D

Only 1 text so far to Neil but I'm sure they'll be more. going to gradually work my head into VDJ and look to take it out for it's first live gig in a couple of weeks.

May I offer you a crumb of comfort/challenge.

I use/can use VDJ. ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 06:14 PM
May I offer you a crumb of comfort/challenge.

I use/can use VDJ. ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

There was me thinking Derbyshire was ahead of Yorkshire for techy stuff :D

Here's a pic of my current playground ;)

Booche
17-06-2011, 06:18 PM
If you need any VDJ help Paul feel free to ring your local helpdesk/information hotline/personnal repair person lol

Excalibur
17-06-2011, 06:19 PM
There was me thinking Derbyshire was ahead of Yorkshire for techy stuff :D

Here's a pic of my current playground ;)

Don't go down that road, or I'll take a piccy here. ( Clears throat )

" Mines bigger than yours". :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

On a vaguely related note, I got a Toshiba laptop recently, and I love it. Best display I've ever seen.

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 06:23 PM
If you need any VDJ help Paul feel free to ring your local helpdesk/information hotline/personnal repair person lol

Am ok at the minute now I've sussed how to get the sound settings so it comes out of the right places!

On a vaguely related note, I got a Toshiba laptop recently, and I love it. Best display I've ever seen.

The Tosh seems good to me, although it's a bit plain and boring looking but I suppose they're ment to practical not fashionable :D

Excalibur
17-06-2011, 06:34 PM
The Tosh seems good to me, although it's a bit plain and boring looking but I suppose they're ment to practical not fashionable :D

Which model did you buy? :confused: Mine's bright red, and ever so stylish. Jeanette regarded it as a fine purchase solely on that basis.

DeckstarDeluxe
17-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm off this evening Paul so give us a ring if you need any help. Calls charged at one pint per minute :)

Shaun
17-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm off this evening Paul so give us a ring if you need any help. Calls charged at one pint per minute :)

:lol:

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 10:14 PM

I've had an evening off aswell! Been to see Pirates of the Caribbean 4 :)

No major problems it's just a case of getting used to doing things a different way round than previous ;)

Mark Wild
17-06-2011, 11:34 PM
What did you set your buffer size to via the denon drivers out of interest Paul?

Spirits High
17-06-2011, 11:38 PM
What did you set your buffer size to via the denon drivers out of interest Paul?

Good question!

Haven't adjusted any settings so whatever the default was that's what it is :)

Mark Wild
18-06-2011, 12:07 AM
I can't remember what the default was but if you open up your ASIO Denon drivers it should tell you what latency you're at. Mine are at 357 which is 7ms I think (without looking) I can go quicker now since Denon firmware and VDJ updates though (ones I still need to do :o :D )

Spirits High
18-06-2011, 12:21 AM
I can't remember what the default was but if you open up your ASIO Denon drivers it should tell you what latency you're at. Mine are at 357 which is 7ms I think (without looking) I can go quicker now since Denon firmware and VDJ updates though (ones I still need to do :o :D )

I've just shut it down for the night so will check it in the morning, I think it was 512 so I'll get that tweeked then ;)

Spirits High
19-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Time for the 2nd Question...& probably 3rd in a bit :D

When I fire it up I go 6000 first then VDJ programme, the fader slider moves left to right on screen but no volume fader movement :confused:

Is it in the settings somewhere? To do with the ASIO driver latency or something else I' need to adjust?

I'm going to go and check it out and set it to Marks setting and see what happens ;)

DeckstarDeluxe
19-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I haven't perfected mine but when you start up VDJ I need to move all the knobs to get them to respond on screen. Do you have auto gain on? because I've had to take that off after a few issues last night.

Excalibur
19-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Time for the 2nd Question...& probably 3rd in a bit :D

When I fire it up I go 6000 first then VDJ programme, the fader slider moves left to right on screen but no volume fader movement :confused:

Is it in the settings somewhere? To do with the ASIO driver latency or something else I' need to adjust?

I'm going to go and check it out and set it to Marks setting and see what happens ;)

Here's the Numpty advice. Have you tried starting VDJ before the Denon, so that it "Recognises" the new device? :confused:

DeckstarDeluxe
19-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Then how would VDJ find a device that isn't powered on Peter? I've always put the midi controller on first. MC6000 is also the soundcard as well as the controller.

Spirits High
19-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Here's the Numpty advice. Have you tried starting VDJ before the Denon, so that it "Recognises" the new device? :confused:

Yep, tried that.

Nothing at all happens :confused:

You get the noise that it's there but nothing functions if you get my drift.

As Neil says it's also the soundcard and you'll get the big red X that it's not connected.

Excalibur
19-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Then how would VDJ find a device that isn't powered on Peter? I've always put the midi controller on first. MC6000 is also the soundcard as well as the controller.

It finds it when you switch it on! Gordon Bennett, that's how the PC finds my powered hard drives.

Right, since I've never seen a 6000 in the flesh, my fund of useful knowledge is now exhausted, so I'll bow out, cos I :dunno:

Spirits High
19-06-2011, 11:15 AM
It's got to be a simple set up case.

At the moment the only thing on screen that moves via the controller is the crossfade!

None of the volume sliders or EQ knobs work :eek:

DeckstarDeluxe
19-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Paul wanna take a screenshot of the settings screen you got for the input/outputs and the mapper section. See if you got what I go?

Spirits High
19-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Paul wanna take a screenshot of the settings screen you got for the input/outputs and the mapper section. See if you got what I go?

Will do!

tc1ooo
19-06-2011, 11:24 AM
If you open config and go to sound settings, then click apply then ok, sometimes that resets any sound card problems.

Spirits High
19-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Here you go, think that's what you were after :D

DeckstarDeluxe
19-06-2011, 11:36 AM
My outputs is headphones : Master Chan 1/2 headphones 3/4. I remember having an cueing issue and I think this sorted it.

Also on sound card I have ultra latency ASIO ticked

Your mapper screen is the same as mine. Maybe its a driver issue?

Spirits High
19-06-2011, 11:39 AM
My outputs is headphones : Master Chan 1/2 headphones 3/4. I remember having an cueing issue and I think this sorted it.

Also on sound card I have ultra latency ASIO ticked

Your mapper screen is the same as mine. Maybe its a driver issue?

I'll try that and see how we get on

Cheers bloke

EDIT

Nope! That's not soted it. Moving fader 4 up and down shows on screen but fader 3 needs to be up too to get any sound????

Mark Wild
19-06-2011, 02:48 PM
My setup doesn't mirror visually on VDJ as you're using an external source.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2011, 02:49 PM
You need to update the firmware on the MC6000. There were issues with faders on the software not working with faders on the hardware that were addressed.

Also, what have you got the switch set to on the back? Int mix?

Mark Wild
19-06-2011, 02:51 PM
They're all 'fake' commands anyway as the eq, volume and crossfader take place on the unit.

DeckstarDeluxe
19-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Just thought you checked the channel settings? Ie sent to midi?

Spirits High
19-06-2011, 03:41 PM
You need to update the firmware on the MC6000. There were issues with faders on the software not working with faders on the hardware that were addressed.

Also, what have you got the switch set to on the back? Int mix?

Will update the firmware. Settings are as per Neils and the "pc" mix but seems to be doing what it should now :confused: :confused:

Switched to "int" mix and only one slider works. Maybe the update is the answer.

Just thought you checked the channel settings? Ie sent to midi?

Yep, sent to midi is the setting.

Mark Wild
19-06-2011, 05:50 PM
You can 'fake' map, I'm just not that bothered seeing the sliders on the skin of VDJ move to be honest, if the firmware update does it that's fantastic.

If not:

In VirtualDJ v7 there are now new fake_* verbs that allow the crossfader, volume and EQ's to be mapped so that they move on the VirtualDJ skin, but are not applied in software to the sound. This allows you to manipulate the sound in hardware from the mixer as well as having the on-screen controls move appropriately. The new verbs are as follows:

fake_crossfader
fake_volume
fake_eq_high
fake_eq_mid
fake_eq_low

To do this. Click config, go to mappers. Click the green plus symbol. Turn the knob and in the action box type one of the commands above.

Using INT MIX though that is.

Spirits High
21-06-2011, 10:10 PM
And so time for Question no3 :D

When I fire up the 6000 & VDJ One of my channels plays out really distorted and sounded not too good at all. I've set as Ch 2 & 3 as the playout in 2 deck mode. I had some crackling sounds on there earlier today aswell :confused:

I've got I think all the correct settings as explained before but this is really starting to frustrate now. I want to get it out and start gigging with it but not while there's still some issues :(

Just wish there was someone a bit nearer with the same set up so I could get some local tech support.

Mark Wild
21-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Set your ASIO Denon Driver buffer size to 357 that should clear up the crackling sounds, to move it to that exact number use the left and right direction keys on your keyboard.

Download and run this DPC Latency checker (link below) to see if you're getting any stabs, the number one cause for stabs tends to be wifi so you'll probably need to disable it, I do, but then I never put my play out lappy online. You really need to strip your lappy to its bare arse.

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Not sure why the one channel would be distorted though.

DeckstarDeluxe
21-06-2011, 10:31 PM
All gain controls turned down to a sensible level? Ultra lag ticked?

Mark Wild
21-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Have a little read of this too if you haven't already Paul.

http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4094/Common_performance_issues_and_solutions.html

Spirits High
21-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Set your ASIO Denon Driver buffer size to 357 that should clear up the crackling sounds, to move it to that exact number use the left and right direction keys on your keyboard.

Done! It was at 700ish :eek:

Download and run this DPC Latency checker (link below) to see if you're getting any stabs, the number one cause for stabs tends to be wifi so you'll probably need to disable it, I do, but then I never put my play out lappy online. You really need to strip your lappy to its bare arse.

I shall disable wifi ;)

As for stripping it down, it's had a visit to the Booche meister who took things off that were deemed unnecesary. However it still has adobe on there?

Not sure why the one channel would be distorted though.

Me neither :confused: :confused:

All gain controls turned down to a sensible level? Ultra lag ticked?

Yes & Ultra lag? Is that the latency one on the driver if so it's ticked!

MikeW
22-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Hi guy's. I hope I am not hijacking this thread, but the MC6000 people may be interested in this.
Can i also say that a lot of the questions and answers re the settings on the mixer are a bit over my head. I thought the mixer was set to default to a normal plug and play.

Anyway, I was out last night for the first time with mine. I was really looking forward to it, but was a little bit dissapointed:eek:

The venue I was in has to be one of the best I play for sound quality, in the past the sound has been really good.

The main problem I had with the new mixer, was that fact that I could not seem to get a good a bass sound as normal. The only way it was anywhere near what I am used to was to turn the bass on the MC6000 up to about 90%
and turn the treble back.

I am also still trying to find the best setting level for the Mackies. I would normally have them at 12 oclock, but had to cut them back to about 10 oclock.

As I said sorry to highjack the thread, but thought you might like to know.

Spirits High
22-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi guy's. I hope I am not hijacking this thread, but the MC6000 people may be interested in this.
Can i also say that a lot of the questions and answers re the settings on the mixer are a bit over my head. I thought the mixer was set to default to a normal plug and play.

No hijack, it's good to know I'm not the only one that isn't finding it simply a "plug & play".

Maybe there should be a DN6000 sticky to post any problems / questions in?

I know there's the dedicated VDJ forum but putting something on here surely wouldn't hurt?

MikeW
22-06-2011, 08:29 AM
No hijack, it's good to know I'm not the only one that isn't finding it simply a "plug & play".

Maybe there should be a DN6000 sticky to post any problems / questions in?

I know there's the dedicated VDJ forum but putting something on here surely wouldn't hurt?

That would be good. I was really sure I was going to come away from last night with a slight improvement in sound quality against my old mixer (citronic 15 years old!) but not that was not the case. The problem now is that I need to experiment with it in a live situation (setting it up in the garage, it sounds really good) as I am at a friends wedding this weekend and not working, I have to wait for a couple of weeks before I can try it again:mad:

Mark Wild
22-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Anyway, I was out last night for the first time with mine. I was really looking forward to it, but was a little bit dissapointed:eek:

The venue I was in has to be one of the best I play for sound quality, in the past the sound has been really good.

The main problem I had with the new mixer, was that fact that I could not seem to get a good a bass sound as normal. The only way it was anywhere near what I am used to was to turn the bass on the MC6000 up to about 90%
and turn the treble back.

I am also still trying to find the best setting level for the Mackies. I would normally have them at 12 oclock, but had to cut them back to about 10 oclock.

What are your gain and master volumes set at Mike (on the MC6000)? Are you using VDJ?

I'm using mine with a couple of Mackies and the sound is great.

MikeW
22-06-2011, 11:14 AM
What are your gain and master volumes set at Mike (on the MC6000)? Are you using VDJ?

I'm using mine with a couple of Mackies and the sound is great.

Thanks for asking Mark. I am using VDJ and the Mackies are V1.

The master level was set at approx 40%. The gain level on the channels were set at approx halfway, 50%. So I did not feel as though I was over driving anything. But to be honest i was also all over the place with levels, trying to get a decent sound.
Can you tell me where the led levels show on yours? I had mine sitting on green and trying not to clip the red. I take it that is correct?

DeckstarDeluxe
22-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Have you looked on the gain levels on VDJ itself?

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-06-2011, 11:21 AM
There is something called gain structure that audiophiles will tell you you use, but I wouldn't bother.

Set the Mackies at around 12 o'clock, your master level at about 3 o'clock and your gain pots on each channel at about 12 o'clock. I use mine this way with the eq flat if using subs and tops and a little more bass (about 1 oclock) for full range cabs.

You really shouldn't have to have your bass up as much as you said - the Mackies are very punchy cabinets.

MikeW
22-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Have you looked on the gain levels on VDJ itself?

I thought that going via a controller cancelled out the settings on VDJ, but I will have a look, thanks.

There is something called gain structure that audiophiles will tell you you use, but I wouldn't bother.

Set the Mackies at around 12 o'clock, your master level at about 3 o'clock and your gain pots on each channel at about 12 o'clock. I use mine this way with the eq flat if using subs and tops and a little more bass (about 1 oclock) for full range cabs.

You really shouldn't have to have your bass up as much as you said - the Mackies are very punchy cabinets.

Thanks for that. I take it you make sure the led lights don't hit the red?

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for that. I take it you make sure the led lights don't hit the red?

I stay in the green or yellow. I only run the RCFs at 50%, so if I need a little more volume, the gain is turned up on there.

Mark Wild
22-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Can you tell me where the led levels show on yours? I had mine sitting on green and trying not to clip the red. I take it that is correct?

Just above the LED's there's a three way switch for Channels 1&4, 2&3 and Master, I PFL with it on Master to 0 db (just tickling the red)

MikeW
22-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I stay in the green or yellow. I only run the RCFs at 50%, so if I need a little more volume, the gain is turned up on there.

Just above the LED's there's a three way switch for Channels 1&4, 2&3 and Master, I PFL with it on Master to 0 db (just tickling the red)

Thanks guys. Is there anything I should be doing with the settings on VDJ re the sound?

Mark Wild
22-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys. Is there anything I should be doing with the settings on VDJ re the sound?

You're definitely switched to INT MODE on the back of unit Mike yeah?

MikeW
22-06-2011, 12:37 PM
You're definitely switched to INT MODE on the back of unit Mike yeah?

Eh, I have just checked, and it is sitting at pc mode! Could this be the problem?

Mark Wild
22-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Eh, I have just checked, and it is sitting at pc mode! Could this be the problem?

Yes :)

MikeW
22-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Yes :)

But could this really cause the lack of bass prob Mark?

Mark Wild
22-06-2011, 12:57 PM
But could this really cause the lack of bass prob Mark?

You were using the MC6000 as just a MIDI controller instead of an external analogue mixer, so very possible yes, your bass levels corresponded VDJ and not to what you were trying to set them to on the unit.

So you having to to turn the bass up on the MC6000 to 90% could well mean that the level on VDJ was set at 10% in the first place.

Best bet is to try it now you have the correct setting, being switched to P.C Mode also meant you weren't even getting the sound quality from the Denon unit but the sound quality of your lappy sound card. ;)

MikeW
22-06-2011, 01:02 PM
You were using the MC6000 as just a MIDI controller instead of an external analogue mixer, so very possible yes, your bass levels corresponded VDJ and not to what you were trying to set them to on the unit.

So you having to to turn the bass up on the MC6000 to 90% could well mean that the level on VDJ was set at 10% in the first place.

Best bet is to try it now you have the correct setting, being switched to P.C Mode also meant you weren't even getting the sound quality from the Denon unit but the sound quality of your lappy sound card. ;)

Thanks for that Mark, I really appreciate it. I am running out of time to work on it this afternoon, but will let you know how I get on.
The problem was that it was sounding good set up in the garage, and I may not know any difference until I live gig it. But will keep you posted.

Thanks again.

MikeW
22-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I have moved switch from pc mix to int mix. Now I can't get any sound at all. I would like to have vdj going via channels 1 & 4, the sliders are moving on vdj, but no sound.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-06-2011, 07:34 PM
In that configuration VDJ is on channels 2&3 I think.

DeckstarDeluxe
22-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I have 1&4 set to Deck A & B just use the switches at the top to midi. 2&3 are set to something else otherwise you end up with two up faders being assigned to a deck.

MikeW
22-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks very much guys. I think/hope the problem has been resolved. :beer1: to Mark. I have further testing to do, and will report back.

Twinspin
09-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I have just got the Denon MC6000 myself yesterday and to start with i have had problems getting it to work properly with Virtual DJ 7 I havent been able to get any sound out of deck b on virtual dj using the following settings.

back of mc6000 Int Mix.

Inputs - Line Ins

Outputs - External Mixer - Deck 1: Chan 1&2 Deck 2: Chan 3 & 4

Soundcard - Denon DJ Asio driver (ultra latency asio ticked) latency on asio driver 357 (7ms)

If anyone comes across this problem when setting the MC6000 up. Check your version of Windows wether its 64 bit or 32 bit As the MC6000 doesnt work properly on a 64 bit machine with Virtual DJ installed.

I tried it on a different laptop with a 32 bit version of Windows 7 with the same settings and there was not any problems it works fine.

I have spoken to Gary Job at Denon who told me this.

Thanks again to Booche, Spirits High and everyone thats helped me out to try and resolve the issue today.

John

DeckstarDeluxe
09-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Output should be headphones not external mixer.

Twinspin
09-08-2011, 09:14 PM
I went through the settings with Gary from Denon and Paul Spirits High and they both said external mixer is what it should be set to.

It does work having the outputs set to headphones though.

Booche
09-08-2011, 09:17 PM
I went through the settings with Gary from Denon and Paul Spirits High and they both said external mixer is what it should be set to.

*Whistles* We did try that aswell Neil :o

Twinspin
09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
oops my bad sorry Dave. Thanks to Dave who helped me with this as well.

Mark Wild
10-08-2011, 08:44 AM

How many people did you phone John? I was a bit baffled if I'm honest when you said you'd only opened the box 40 minutes before phoning me, that's why my advice to you was to go away, read the instructions and spend some time with it.

Seems you were being a lazy sod and phoning half the forum to do your work for you. I'm happy to help people, really I am, but come on, put a bit of effort in yourself !

Twinspin
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Before i called up. I read the virtual dj setup guide and it was not working at all just nothing coming through the unit apart from deck a.

I spoke to Paul and Gary yesterday. Because even after reading the instructions i still havent been able to get the unit working properly.

It was when i spoke to Gary from Denon thats when i found out why the unit will not work and its not something i can fix by changing settings on the denon or virtual dj.

The problem is my laptop has a 64 bit processor and has a 64 bit version of Windows 7 which virtual dj 7 and the denon mc6000 does not like and the unit doesnt work properly.

I know this and have checked the mc6000 on a 32 bit windows 7 machine and the unit works fine. So i need to buy a boxed version of Windows 7 32 bit before it will work on my laptop.

I appologise if i have bothered you by calling up. It was easy enough setting it up. But not getting sound was baffling.

Mark Wild
10-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Before i called up. I read the virtual dj setup guide and it was not working at all just nothing coming through the unit apart from deck a.

I spoke to Paul and Gary yesterday. Because even after reading the instructions i still havent been able to get the unit working properly.

It was when i spoke to Gary from Denon thats when i found out why the unit will not work and its not something i can fix by changing settings on the denon or virtual dj.

The problem is my laptop has a 64 bit processor and has a 64 bit version of Windows 7 which virtual dj 7 and the denon mc6000 does not like and the unit doesnt work properly.

I know this and have checked the mc6000 on a 32 bit windows 7 machine and the unit works fine. So i need to buy a boxed version of Windows 7 32 bit before it will work on my laptop.

I appologise if i have bothered you by calling up. It was easy enough setting it up. But not getting sound was baffling.

There's loads of guys running Windows 7 (64 Bit Version) with the MC6000 & VDJ on the VDJ forums. Did the guy from Denon tell you it's not possible?

Twinspin
10-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Gary did tell me this yeah. Unless i run it in compatability mode which doesnt work very well.

But the thing is. Its funny how i still cant get sound from the right deck even though im using settings what everyone else seems to be using.

When Gary told me to try a 32 bit version of Windows 7 I used another machine with 32 bit and then I was not having the issue with sound on the right deck. both decks worked as they should.

My 64 bit laptop is a Sony Vaio. Im not sure if this is any different in terms of a laptop as far as soundcard configurations go.

Mark Wild
10-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Gary did tell me this yeah. Unless i run it in compatability mode which doesnt work very well.

But the thing is. Its funny how i still cant get sound from the right deck even though im using settings what everyone else seems to be using.

When Gary told me to try a 32 bit version of Windows 7 I used another machine with 32 bit and then I was not having the issue with sound on the right deck. both decks worked as they should.

My 64 bit laptop is a Sony Vaio. Im not sure if this is any different in terms of a laptop as far as soundcard configurations go.

Compatibility mode?

Twinspin
10-08-2011, 04:48 PM
thats what Gary said. Is that what everyone else uses?

Mark Wild
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
What is/are you classing as "Compatibility Mode"? What are you doing to get into it and what makes you say in that mode it doesn't work very well?

Inputs should be "None" by the way.

Put the mapper I've emailed to you (2 deck mode) into Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers

And try that.

Mark Wild
17-08-2011, 09:50 AM
:confused: