PDA

View Full Version : WAV to Mp3 conversion files missing!

Spirits High
18-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I've spent the last few days converting WAV files to MP3 so they can all fit on the HD of the laptop being used with VDJ.

Having I thought done them all there seems to be some missing!!

On the old HD there's 12030 tracks, on the new one 11184 :eek:

Now I know I deleted some doubles while I was converting them but not that many :D

Is there an easy way of comparing the 2 drives to see which ones made it to MP3 land and which didn't?

Thanks ;)

BeerFunk
18-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Hmmm... I've got half an answer!

I use Beyond Compare to compare directories, and there are many similar applications available. I guess you'd just need one which ignores file extensions, and compares file names only. I'll check Beyond Compare just now, to see if it has such an option....

Edit : had a quick look, and although it has an option to 'mask' extensions (ie. .mpg and .mpeg treated as the same file type), the file size would still differ :(

Spirits High
18-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Hmmm... I've got half an answer!

I use Beyond Compare to compare directories, and there are many similar applications available. I guess you'd just need one which ignores file extensions, and compares file names only. I'll check Beyond Compare just now, to see if it has such an option....

Thanks ;)

Corabar Steve
18-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I think the information in this thread could come in handy. I'm going to make it a sticky

Spirits High
18-06-2011, 01:13 PM
I think the information in this thread could come in handy. I'm going to make it a sticky

And there was me thinking you'd had a Eureka moment as it had been made a "Sticky" :(

Corabar Steve
18-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Fair point, I misread Callum's edit. I'll unstick it for the time being until a definitive answer can be found.