PDA

View Full Version : MC6000 1st Live gig, Done!

Spirits High
24-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Well, after a week of intensive training, watching countless videos and even the odd phonecall here and there I threw caution to the wind and gigged the MC6000 live for the very first time.

Must say it was quite a pleasant experience aswell ;)

The venue was one of my regular ones and as the couple had booked the "Estate package" it ment that they weren't in the marquee until the evening. This gave me plenty of time to turn up early get set up and then give it all a good road test in a real environment.

All connected together, sound checked all sounding good. I then spent the next half hour or so testing myself to make sure that I was confident enough to gig live with it (I had the usual play out in the van just incase I bottled it!)

I also connected the netbook and ipad to it so that if I did break VDJ there would still be something to listen to!

All was going well, I'd announced that the cake cutting would be soon then followed by the first dance. The sound then went really distorted to the point where a couple of the guests came over and mentioned it :eek:

I frantically tweeked things but still nothing. Then I saw on the VDJ that the EQ on deck 1 was on MAX on all 3 EQ's :confused: :confused: Don't know how that had happened but deck 2 was fine ;)

I managed to wind it back to a reasonable setting and it all came back to decent sound again.

The rest of the night was fine, got to grips with requests etc and the search on VDJ is very good.

So, overall very happy with it and will do it all again tomorrow!

Quick pic of the set up below obviously before the booth cloth went on. Reason it's not flightcased is because I didn't know if I wanted it flat, sloping, raised etc. I've now come to the conclusion that it'll be sloping with the lappy on a sliding tray in front of me.

Thanks for all the help & advice recently ;)

Booche
24-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Glad it went ok Paul :)

There is a setting on VDJ so that the controls dont auto adjust (forgot what they are though without looking at mine)

BUT then again i dont own a 6000 or anything to that level so maybe my settings will be so low down it wouldn't matter lol

MikeW
24-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Well done. Once it,s up and running :) It,s a nice piece of kit to work with.