PDA

View Full Version : American Audio VMS 4

Shippers
30-06-2011, 08:08 PM
...anyone used one, or got one of these, thinking of purchasing...

Cheers!

flatliners
30-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Personally not used one but if i was you i would save up and get a Denon dn mc6000.
I have the Dp2 and thats not to bad

Shippers
30-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah, the Denon is the daddy, would love a Numark NS6 too, but I am just being realistic for now I think.
Just read that the soundcard on the American Audio thing isn't great, so thats put me off.
The Vestax Typhoon looks my next best bet...

Jay
01-07-2011, 07:31 AM
I have one, and whilst the denon is obviously a much better unit, its also nearly twice as much. I got a VMS4 from thomman, for £324.

It does seem like a solid product, there are a couple of downers though, the first is what has been mentioned before, which is the sound card, which is ever so slightly quiet. This hasnt worried me mind as you just need to turn the master volume up a tad.

The other problem is the mic inputs, which are terrible unless you get a attenuator, which you can get free from AA. If you are using wireless mics its not a problem because you can just turn the gain down on the wireless mic box itself but not on stand alone cordless mics.

If i was at the stage where I had to choose between between the Denon for over £700, and the VMS4 for just over £300, I have to say I would save longer and get the denon.

Unless your on a budget, like I was, the VMS4 will be fine for now for me, but I'll be changing the first chance I get.

supersound
01-07-2011, 07:38 AM
These issues have been addressed and its all ok now with the Mk2.I recieved mine yesterday from Discotechnology.oh and the play and pause buttons are now the right way round too,

Paul

Jay
01-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Which version is this? Have you got a link to it? wouldn't mind having a look at that.

supersound
01-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Which version is this? Have you got a link to it? wouldn't mind having a look at that.

just the ordinary one you purchase.They have improved the failings.

Paul

Jay
01-07-2011, 08:16 AM
ah right, but not via firmware updates? you mean a new unit, which looks the same just with the problems sorted?

Shippers
01-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Cheers for the feedback Jay.
I am presuming by a new model we are talking about a new VMS4?

Would like to see a link too if poss please...

Jason
01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
VMS4 ower here. I got it at Chirstmas, and waited ages for the Mic Attenuators.
They did arrive and in the meantime, found they were not too expensive, so I've got 3 in total.

For the price, its a good product. Decent sized jog wheels, works well with VDJ, and the ability to be an Analog mixer is useful.

From what I've seen of the Denon - its better, but also nearly twice the price... so it should be!

Jason

Shippers
03-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Cheers jase, nice one.