PDA

View Full Version : Video DJing

CD Pool
15-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi all, I've been hearing more and more about video DJing and I was curious to know if anyone one here does it? Look forward to hearing your responses!

Jason
15-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I have done this (ie playing music videos, as opposed to mixing videos), but really kept it to theme nights (normally Halloween)

I've got a bundle of DVD's from MixMash (some custom burn). To be honest, its not something I'll pursude - the cost of the Videos (with keeping up to date with normal chart music) would mean my costs will increase.

Jason

Steevo
29-07-2011, 09:37 AM
It's something i've been looking into recently and would love to do it if only it could be done for reasonable cost as Jasons says. Although the kit itself wouldn't be excessive, at the moment keeping up with the music makes it almost prohibitively expensive.

katman
29-07-2011, 09:45 AM
A friend of mine bought an OOVJ last year and loves it. Superb piece of kit but it doesnt come cheap. About 80% of his show is now video, with graphics filling the screens for audio only tracks.

As you say though, the cost of the material is the greatest expense and the difficulty in obtaining "classic" videos would appear to be the greatest hurdle. Aside from the fact that the picture quality of older material is not as good, there is more of a problem with the audio quality as many were made prior to the launch of stereo hifi sound on TV so the audio may only be mono and of restricted bandwidth.

visualdjmax
29-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Guilty! Give me a call if you have any questions? Happy to answer them? Cheers Max

mattred
08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Yep I do.

Use serato scratch live with vsl / mix emergency. Older videos are harder to come by but I play mainly pretty modern and will play just a visual if playing something I dont have the video for