PDA

View Full Version : One for the computer geeks

ppentertainments
20-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I am looking for a way of playing various videos and programs through my computer to be shown on a projector screen

These include MP4's, visuals, and various other programs purchased (T1 racing, card games, quiz related images etc)

I am looking for a way in which basically I can click on what I want to play and it will be shown on the projector without the need for various programs etc and also the ability to display a visual or jpeg in between.

For example : play a mp4, go straight to a jpeg, have a game of bingo, another MP4, a T1 race etc etc.

I have a feeling powerpoint may be the answer but would like to see if something really simple was available.

Cowlinn
20-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Not sure if I quite understand the question properly but is this (http://www.manycam.com/) any good to you?

You can select a certain part of your screen which can be outputted into a webcam (or projector in your case) so I'm thinking you could select whatever you want to show?

May not be any good.:)

ppentertainments
20-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Not sure if I quite understand the question properly but is this (http://www.manycam.com/) any good to you.

You can select a certain part of your screen which can be outputted into a webcam (or projector in your case) so I'm thinking you could select whatever you want to show?

May not be any good.:)
It is hard to explain. I can get the screen to split no problem, but then I have to open a program and adjust or move it to go onto the projector (if using an extended desktop for example.)

I am wanting to use something similar to a video mixer I suppose but one that I can run programmes like bingo etc through as well - basically click on an icon on my laptop and that program, file etc 'will work' on the screen. What I dont want is a blank screen or people having to view my desktop whilst opening programs etc.

Does that make more sense :o :o :o

Booche
20-07-2011, 09:37 PM
If you setup split screen then you can make your second display either a clone of yours or a secondary one which will just show the background etc (basically extends your desktop.

If you then run the app you want to run and drag it over the the econd screen it should work fine

OR

You could have a look at making the extra screen the main screen (the icons wont show on there tho) and then when you open a file on your screen it will auto display on the other screen (as its acting as the main monitor)

Well thats how my TV works and how my screens work lol

ppentertainments
20-07-2011, 09:51 PM
If you setup split screen then you can make your second display either a clone of yours or a secondary one which will just show the background etc (basically extends your desktop.

If you then run the app you want to run and drag it over the the econd screen it should work fine

would prefer to 'click and it works' so people dont see the image etc being dragged over

OR

You could have a look at making the extra screen the main screen (the icons wont show on there tho) and then when you open a file on your screen it will auto display on the other screen (as its acting as the main monitor)

but will I be able to control the program from my laptop screen still, and will icons not show - maybe a play about with this

Well thats how my TV works and how my screens work lol
Cheers - going to setup the computer, load everything on I want to use and have a play about on Sunday - after suggestions at the moment ;) :beer1:

Booche
20-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Cheers - going to setup the computer, load everything on I want to use and have a play about on Sunday - after suggestions at the moment ;) :beer1:

Using my setup i did i can use the monitors as the main screen BUT still use the laptop for all programs etc so all i do is double click and it appears on the screens