PDA

View Full Version : MP3 check corrupt files ?

Totally Plucked
22-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Just on my home PC I use Winamp as my player of choice due to the Gracenote online tagging feature which is really good, so plug my external hardrive in and download files straight to it etc after using mp3gain etc.

However Winamp is crashing when i'm loading my media library (this has only just happened), so I completely uninstalled Winamp, used a good registry cleaner and then did a re-install. Same problem unfortunately so I think I may have a corrupt or damaged MP3 file that's causing the crash.
Can anyone recommend any FREE software that may check batch files for corrupt or damaged files please ?

Thanks as always
Russ :)

gharbud
22-07-2011, 11:37 AM
i use mp3 checker, its not the best and tbh im not 100% if it really does work as i have found corrupt files after scanning!. Would like to know if their is any alternative. I have heard of one MP3 utility but cannot find a download link

Larry B Entertainment
22-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Just on my home PC I use Winamp as my player of choice due to the Gracenote online tagging feature which is really good, so plug my external hardrive in and download files straight to it etc after using mp3gain etc.

However Winamp is crashing when i'm loading my media library (this has only just happened), so I completely uninstalled Winamp, used a good registry cleaner and then did a re-install. Same problem unfortunately so I think I may have a corrupt or damaged MP3 file that's causing the crash.
Can anyone recommend any FREE software that may check batch files for corrupt or damaged files please ?

Thanks as always
Russ :)

Could you not narrow down the culprits and load smaller batches at a time, maybe folder by folder or small groups of tracks at a time ?

Your main library file could be corrupt. I dont know what winamp uses but my Traktor collection corrupted itself once but luckally it auto creates a backup of the .nml file in another folder.

mattydinx
23-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I may have a corrupt or damaged MP3 file

Revert to a backup....

CRAZY K
23-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Could you not narrow down the culprits and load smaller batches at a time, maybe folder by folder or small groups of tracks at a time ?

Your main library file could be corrupt. I dont know what winamp uses but my Traktor collection corrupted itself once but luckally it auto creates a backup of the .nml file in another folder.

That makes sense--bit at a time.

My only crash freeze with the Cortex was a particular fiile but you knew immediately because it wouldnt play and stopped the Cortex, easily resolved by removing the offending file afterwards--but Cortex worked fine on the night after rebooting--this sounds a bit more complicated.

Using Cortex 1000 and a Seagate Hard Drive exclusively for Disco/ Barn Dance has been fine.

mattred
08-08-2011, 09:17 PM
You could try serato scratch live or itch. You cant use them to play out with but it if you load all your files in to the software and analyse them it will tell you if any are corrupt. Ifs it a really badly corrupted file it could crash serato too but it would log which file it was that caused the problem

Matt