PDA

View Full Version : Security Software 'Good Deal'

Glenski
31-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Hello

Just a heads up... PC World have a good deal on the latest KasperSky Internet Security 2012 (3 license) pack at the moment, normally retailing at over £50 or so...

If you hurry, you can get the 3 license pack for >> £23.99 for a years sub to use on 3 PCs :)

This pack is cheaper than the KasperSky 1 license pack !! which is retailing in the same store for around £40 !!

Not everyone's cup-of-tea, but i'm very happy with KasperSky :)

Thank you

Glenn

p.s. you also get an exclusive offer >> FREE mobile phone security (for one smartphone) included in the price :)

Jiggles
31-07-2011, 07:25 AM
To be Frank the best deal on Internet security is the free ones. :) I find these paid programs do everything (badly) and drain resources. Free stuf is light and quick with none of the unneeded stuff. My 2p's worth.

DJ Paulie
31-07-2011, 08:13 AM
I thought smartphones weren't susceptible to virus's ?

katman
31-07-2011, 10:18 AM
To be Frank the best deal on Internet security is the free ones. :)

I would go along with that.

My first laptop came with McAfee and developed a habit of detecting "Buffer overflows" when using Media player after which Windows explorer (file manager) would stop working until the machine was rebooted.

Reinstallation of McAfee cured it..... until it happened again a few weeks later.

On the kids PC I put the full CA Internet Security Suite having previously been pleased with its predecessor EZ Antivirus on another machine. I discovered that its extra features were just a rebadged version of Zone Alarm which I had ditched years earlier after nothing but problems with it.

CA Internet Security also decided it wasnt going to play nicely and on several occasions refused to update unless I fully uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. Not exactly a desirable situation on the kids PC :(

Now I just use AVG Free on ALL my machines becuase it just works. I also use Malwarebytes to check nothing nasty has slipped through and have recovered PCs for several people using those two programs after they have caught very nasty viruses/malware. Often they have got infected as a result of following links to what they think are youTube videos but site they go to is something like yuotube and the video window says "you need the latest version of flash player - click here to update" which they do and BAM!

JAMdisco
21-10-2011, 10:47 AM
I got Webroot Personal Security free with my laptop (from ebuyer) and it seems to work ok, very unobtrusive although that laptop very rarely goes on the internet.

When that expires I'll switch to Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free and I use it on my work laptop with no problems :)

DeckstarDeluxe
21-10-2011, 11:00 AM
AVG free user here for many years, only had one virus (many years ago and was my own fault....I won't post details)

Larry B Entertainment
21-10-2011, 11:04 AM
I thought smartphones weren't susceptible to virus's ?

Always better to have it installed just incase. Linux viruses are rare but they still recommend having an antivirus package installed.

mattydinx
21-10-2011, 11:33 AM
+1 for Microsoft Security Essentials

I see little or no point in paying for AV software when Microsoft's own is just as good - if not better than the paid products.