PDA

View Full Version : Amps

Thames Valley Discos
15-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Is it ok to daisy chain more than two amps. I want to link threee so i can run 2 speakers from each amp for a gig i,m doing. Done it with two, but not three before.

jamesh
15-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Not sure - pretty sure you can but haven't used seperate amps for a long while now asall my systems i've personally owned have been active systems - i know you can link as many as you want together with them.... Sure one of the passive guys or girls will be happy to provide the full explanation of what you need to do....

abyssdjhire
15-09-2006, 11:51 PM
yes its fine. however, if you're doing it often you may want to invest in something like the dbx driverack pa and do it properly

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-09-2006, 11:57 PM
You can slave as many as you like as far as I'm aware.

abyssdjhire
16-09-2006, 12:24 AM
You can slave as many as you like as far as I'm aware.

you can, but the audio quality decreases as the number of amps increases. however to most ears its not noticable

Have a disco
16-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Absolutely no problem even can bridge each side seperately if power the same and still daisy chain if you wish

Thames Valley Discos
16-09-2006, 03:05 PM
and what about power issues, is a double 13 amp ok, i,ve heard that its best to run from one supply, incase they are on different circuits, thus phased different?

A1DL
16-09-2006, 03:14 PM
and what about power issues, is a double 13 amp ok, i,ve heard that its best to run from one supply, incase they are on different circuits, thus phased different?

you can run 3k ish of amps off a 13a supply, if plugging into lots of 13s around a venue, be mindful of what else is on that circuit and that there will probably be a 32a breaker on each circuit (i.e. coming out of two twin 13s on the same wall won't give you a total of 52a)

if you want serious power without running miles of cables and the concerns I have touched on above, most larger venues will have 32 or 63a on ceeform, often 3phase in bigger function suites. makes life lots easier, keep sound on 1 phase, lighting on the other 2, and no worries about not having enough power.